Manages the day-to-day operations of NSU's swimming pools to include the 50 meter pool and dive well, the RecPlex leisure pool, and the Rolling Hills residential pool; responsible for scheduling, developing and implementing aquatic programs; the on-going training of lifeguard staff and the development and implementation of operational standards and procedures for NSU pools.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manages the daily operations of the NSU aquatic facilities and assigned staff to include hiring, mentoring and training, conducting performance evaluations and any other employee related actions.
2. Coordinates the operations of swimming and diving competitions, as well as aquatic related tournaments.
3. Oversees and schedules utilization requests made by the NSU University School Swimming and Diving, Intercollegiate Swimming and Diving, the Office of Recreation & Wellness, student clubs and organizations, contracted camps and clubs, rental groups, and the campus community at large.
4. Coordinates the needs of contracted users of NSU aquatic facilities including visiting team trainings, club swim teams, club water polo teams, pool parties, etc.
5. Develops and implements continual education and training for aquatics staff via monthly in-service programs.
6. Oversees revenue generating aquatic programs such as group and private swimming lessons, masters swimming, after school swimming programs, swimming camps, lifeguard training courses, scuba diving certification programs, and more.
7. Ensures high quality maintenance of pools to include chemical levels and balancing, pool cleanliness, deck cleanliness, and other issues pertaining to pool operations and patron safety.
8. Works with NSU Facilities Management, Physical Plant and contracted vendors regarding on-going aquatic facility projects, renovations, and maintenance.
9. Assists in developing and administering the annual aquatics budget; oversees the purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of pool equipment and supplies; completes comprehensive analytical and statistical reports regarding aquatic facility usage.
10. Develops and enforces policies and procedures for all pools; develops and enforces a risk management plan for all pools.
11. Engages students in taking active roles in the maintenance and programming of the aquatic facility.
12. Teaches American Red Cross courses to NSU students, faculty, staff and the general public.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
1. Hold a current Lifeguard Instructor certificate.
2. Hold a current Water Safety Instructor certificate.
3. Hold a current Aquatic Facility Operator or Certified Pool Operator certificate.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to be on-call and available to respond to aquatic facility emergencies whenever pools are open.
2. Ability to work early mornings (5 a.m.), late nights (10 p.m.), weekends, and holiday's as needed.
3. Proficiency in teaching in both classroom and aquatic environments.
4. Proficiency in lifesaving skills.
5. Proficiency in leading in-service trainings of lifeguard staff.
Only candidates who apply on-line at www.nsujobs.com will be considered.
NSU is a private, not-for-profit university located in South Florida that awards bachelors, masters, doctoral and professional degrees. Please visit www.nova.edu and/or www.rec.nova.edu to find out more.