Reporting to the Director for Membership and Client Services, the Communications Associate for Marketing and Engagement will support the marketing efforts of the Department by performing the following:
* Assists in creating, planning, and executing a diverse marketing strategy for the Lerner Health and Wellness Center and the office of Campus Recreation targeting students, faculty, staff and alumni of The George Washington University.
** Assists with the implementation of a weekly, monthly, and annual strategy for Social Media engagement
** Maintains website, social media tools, and digital displays throughout the Lerner Health & Wellness Center, Foggy Bottom campus, and Mt. Vernon campus
* Collaborates with the Office of Creative Services and Sports Marketing to create deliverables that include print and electronic communication tools for the Lerner Health and Wellness Center program and event marketing. Communicates with off-site vendors for the production of promotional goods and materials.
* Works as a project lead while directing 1 or 2 graduate assistants tasked with creating marketing materials including but not limited to: videography, flyers, brochures, posters, emails, social media outlets and department website.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Demonstrated experience with content management for websites
* Experience with developing social media platforms
The Lerner Health and Wellness Center is a 189,000 sq/ft recreation facility at the George Washington University. Our campus is located "a stone's throw" from the White House - in the heart of our nation's capital, Washington D.C.