(1) Graduate Assistant for Outdoor Adventures at Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus, Savannah, GA
Campus Recreation & Intramurals (CRI) on Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus has the following graduate assistanships available for the 2018-2019 academic year. Assistantships are renewable for the second year.
Application process: Preference will be given to applications received by March March 2nd, 2018; however applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three references by emailing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include current cumulative GPA, and GRE scores. No applications submitted on bluefishjobs.com will be reviewed.
1. Responsible for overall administration of the Special Events and Trips program
2. Research, plan, develop, and implement programs, seminars, clinics and special events.
3.Serve as a trip leader for all outdoor adventure trips; daily and overnight.
4. Plan, develop, and execute itineraries for all trips. Determine budget and travel needs, Design and implement registration process. Reconcile participant payments.
5. Create promotional and marketing materials for programs
6. Prepare first aid kits and emergency supplies for each assigned activity.
7.Create budgets and fiscal reporting for all assigned areas.
8. Research and recommend Outdoor Trip equipment purchases.
9.Conduct CPR, First Aid, and AED training's for the Rec Center, community and university.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Contact Jason Salzer for additional information and submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Bachelor's degree in related field, admission into a Georgia Southern graduate program, demonstrated knowledge of experience in a campus recreation program, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and professionalism and willingness to learn.
Additional Salary Information: Addition Salary Information: $9,000 for a 9- month appointment and a full tuition waiver. Student is responsible for activity fees and books. Professional development funding and summer employment are available.
About Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus
Situated on the Atlantic coast in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus is a dynamic public university known for excellent arts and sciences along with outstanding professional programs. With approximately 7,600 students, Armstrong is small enough to foster a genuine sense of community and large enough to offer more than 100 academic programs that prepare our graduates for success in their careers and leadership in their communities. Armstrong is part of the University System of Georgia. Visit the University website at: http://www.armstrong.edu/