Responsibilities: A. Assist in the organization and administration of the Outdoor Pursuits Program.
1. Assist in developing, organizing, scheduling, leading, and evaluating outdoor clinics and trips.
2. Assist with managing the climbing wall operation and schedule climbing wall staff.
3. Assist with scheduling hours of operation for the outdoor resource center and supervising the equipment rental program.
4. Assist with the purchase, inventory, and maintenance of equipment including rental and trip equipment.
5. Assist with a comprehensive risk management program for outdoor recreation facilities and programs including policies and procedures for the climbing wall, wilderness trips and proper usage of outdoor equipment.
6. Assist with hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating part time outdoor student staff employees.
7. Assist the Assistant Director with the development and administration of the Outdoor Pursuits budget.
8. Assist with the supervision and evaluation of the Outdoor Pursuits program revenue generation.
B. Assist with research and evaluation of programs and staff. Compiling data and reporting information.
1. Update student employee performance evaluations and assist with the evaluation each semester.
2. Develop surveys for evaluation of programs and services. Develop method to distribute surveys to students, faculty, and staff. Compile data. Develop method to report results.
3. Compile statistics for the activities each week and report on fluctuations of attendance.
4. Compile and report on inventory at beginning and end of each semester.
5. Assist with the overall risk management of the program including benchmarking, surveys, and evaluation results.
6. Complete a semester and annual report to summarize semester statistics for all program areas.
7. Assist with the completion of student staff payroll.
C. Coordinate and assist with marketing and promoting the Outdoor Pursuits program.
D. Complete an awards system to recognize student employees for outstanding contributions to the Recreational Sports department.
E. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.