1. An earned Bachelor's degree, preferably in Recreation, Kinesiology or related field of study.
2. Experience or general knowledge in Biomechanics, Exercise physiology, personnel supervision, sports administration, or related area of recreation.
3. Acceptance into the University of North Texas Graduate School, as a full-time (9 hours or more) graduate student.
4. Strong planning and organizational skills.
5. Ability to effectively supervise student employees.
6. Strong communication skills.
7. Personal Training and/or Aerobic Certifications from one or more of the following: ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, Cooper Institute or NETA Application Procedure: Applications will be accepted through February 24, 2017 or until position is filled.
Please send letter of application, resume, official transcripts of college credits, and list of references to: Wendy Comfort, Assistant Director of Fitness Wendy.Comfort@unt.edu
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate. The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process notify Wendy Comfort, Assistant Director, Department of Recreational Sports, (940) 565-2275 by the application deadline.