| ***In order to be considered, all applications must be submitted online through the University of Minnesota employment system at http://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs. To locate the posting, please do a keyword search for Job ID# 313958 and ensure that all other fields are left blank. |
General Statement: University Aquatics involves the scheduling, organizing, supervision, and operations of the University Aquatic Center, the Cooke Hall pools, the St. Paul Gymnasium (SPG) pool and the aquatic programs conducted in those facilities. The Coordinator for Aquatic Programs and St. Paul Pool reports directly to the Assistant Director for Aquatics. This position is designed to manage all aspects of our Learn to Swim (LTS), Youth and Community based aquatic programs, and to supervise operations and risk management at the SPG pool. The general work hours for this position are Sunday-Thursday, 11:00am-7:00pm.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
The starting salary range for this position is $35,464 to $39,000. This is a full-time, entry-level position that is eligible for the University of Minnesota's Regents Scholarship Program (https://policy.umn.edu/hr/regentsscholarship). The Regents Scholarship covers 75% of the tuition for recipients who have previously obtained a bachelor's degree.
• Develop, implement and maintain schedule of activities and events for the SPG pool.
• Manage and maintain Learn to Swim Program, hire, train and supervise LTS Coordinators, Senior Instructors, and Instructors.
• Collaborate with the Coordinator for Aquatic Operations and Events to staff SPG pool, programs and events.
• Provide periodic staff in-service training for all program staff.
• Manage and maintain pool and safety equipment for SPG pool and work with Assistant Director for Aquatics to ensure compliance with federal, state, county and city regulations for all aquatics facilities.
• Teach Lifeguarding, CPR-PR/AED, First Aid and Water Safety courses as needed.
• Coordinate LTS student employee appointments and payroll.
• Lead all marketing and promotion efforts for LTS and aquatics programs, working in concert with the RecWell Marketing department.
• Serve as activity supervisor, building supervisor, or manager on duty as needed.
• Assist with special event management as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director for Aquatics.