Facilities & Risk Management Coordinator
***In order to be considered, all applications must be submitted online through the University of Minnesota employment system at http://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs. To locate the posting, please do a keyword search for Job ID# 314453 and ensure that all other fields are left blank.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Minneapolis Facilities and supervises student employees with varying backgrounds at the University Fieldhouse and Student Recreational Sports Field/Dome. Primary responsibilities are managing and overseeing all programming in the University Fieldhouse and Student Recreational Sports Field/Dome, Risk Management, Red Cross training, customer service and assisting with facility scheduling of all programmatic space, open recreation, kinesiology, athletics and external events. Other responsibilities include hiring, training, and leading a diverse staff, managing storage rooms, purchasing equipment and supplies, managing signage, and dealing with incident and accident reports. This position will work closely with the Events and Operations staff to assist in coordinating external events. Typical hours include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends; must be flexible.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
The starting salary for this position is $36,000. This is a full-time, entry-level position that is eligible for the University of Minnesota's Regents Scholarship Program. The Regents Scholarship covers 75% of the tuition for recipients who have previously obtained a bachelor's degree.
- Manage the facility operations of the University Fieldhouse and Student Recreational Sports Field/Dome (SRSF/Dome). This includes resolving any issues with members, providing tours, supervision of accidents and incidents, conflict resolution, renting equipment, selling memberships, and assisting in the coordination of events.
- Coordinate and execute the installation and deflation of the Dome which will include scheduling of staff (FM, Yeadon Dome project managers, University Recreation Wellness (URW) student employees and Sport Club members), obtaining permits, and communicating timeline of events with the Senior Manager of Minneapolis Facilities.
- Enforce and evaluate program policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and supervise facility schedules related to the Fieldhouse and SRSF/Dome.
- Assist Operations Manager with facility maintenance, projects, and building access.
- Compile and maintain data specific to participation to request and schedule program time.
- Preserve open recreation time for members in the Fieldhouse and SRSF/Dome.
- Oversee open recreation which includes revision of policies, maintaining standard setups, and promoting play to provide inclusive opportunities for a wide array of groups.
- Work closely with Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) and the School of Kinesiology (KIN) scheduling based on the Sports Facilities Priority Document.
- Coordinate and assist in the snow removal from around the Dome with ROTC.
- Create and maintain the Dome pressure and temperature schedule.
- Coordinate storage usage for both the support and cold storage buildings.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of facility and rental equipment.Risk Management (25%)
Risk Management (25%)
- Serve on the department’s Risk Management Advisory Committee as a liaison to the department’s facilities areas.
- Convene internal and external colleagues with knowledge germane to the risks inherent to the department’s facility operations in order to facilitate and implement a comprehensive risk management plan for the department’s facilities.
- Coordinate regular AED/CPR/SFA checks with student staff.
- Analyze risk management trends, issues, and changes for URW facilities.
- Review and make recommendations for updates in the EAP Manual annually.
- Arrange for URW full-time staff and student employee trainings in risk prevention (i.e. Active Shooter, etc.).
- Assess, manage risk, and ensure participant and staff safety.
- Ensure that all URW full-time staff and student employees are up-to-date on their American Red Cross certifications.
- Provide safety equipment and proper training for snow shoveling to ROTC and student employees.
- Assist in handling emergency situations within URW facilities.
- Assemble best practices surveys from all department areas.Supervisory (20%)
- Recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of approximately 50 student employees equating to 2.72 full-time employees, with a strong commitment to the University’s goal of creating a positive and inclusive campus climate.
- Schedule student employees for day-to-day operations and special events.
- Create student development opportunities for student employees.
- Recruitment, hiring, and training of Red Cross Instructors.
- Coordinate Red Cross classes and instructor schedules for CPR, SFA, and Blood borne Pathogens.Event Management (15%)
Event Management (15%)
- Assist and communicate with Events and Operations staff in coordinating special events, tournaments, and leagues that are hosted at the Fieldhouse and SRSF/Dome.
- Assist in marketing and promoting facilities and programs.
- Recruit staff to work all event rentals.
- Coordinate any equipment moves for setup and teardown for special events.
- Be a point of contact for all event staff.Administrative (10%)
- Manage American Red Cross (ARC) certification program which certifies about 900 participants each fiscal year.
- Instruct ARC courses for URW Minneapolis and St. Paul staff as well as external University participants.
- Itemize fiscal year certification costs for each URW program and initiate internal Enterprise Financial System (EFS) transfers with the Principal Accounts and Payroll Specialist.
- Work with ARC on ordering course materials, equipment, and providing training for instructors.
- Assist in the management of annual operating budgets.
- Manage the SRSF/Dome daily cash flow and prepare daily deposits in accordance to University policies.Other Duties (5%)
Other Duties (5%)
- Take an active role in professional conference, workshops, and projects on the local, state, and national level.
- Serve on committees, participate in meetings and other activities with other University of Minnesota organizations to promote and advance University Recreation & Wellness.
- Cultivate relationships across the University to increase collaboration.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager and Assistant Director of Minneapolis Facilities.
- Attend department meetings and workshops.