For all Graduate Coordinator positions please only apply via email or mail. Do not apply via bluefishjobs.com.
The Rowan University Campus Recreation Department has openings for incoming graduate students who want to join our professional team. The Recreation Center is a 92,000 square foot facility featuring a three-court gymnasium, indoor track, Two 25-yard pools, four racquetball courts, a cycling room, a group fitness studio, fitness and free weight room areas, full locker/shower facilities, and a café area. The facility is open 6am – midnight weekdays with reduced hours on weekends. The Department is partnering with Nexus Properties and will be opening a 17,000 square foot fitness center in Fall 2017 at Rowan Boulevard. More information can be found at www.rowan.edu/rec.
3 positions available: Sports Clubs & Intramural Sports Graduate Coordinator, Marketing & Member Services Graduate Coordinator, and Fitness & Wellness Graduate Coordinator.
Additional Responsibilities for all positions:
- Embrace the vision and mission of campus recreation through providing inclusive and quality programs, facilities, and services for the Rowan community
- Attend all Building Manager meetings and weekly Pro Staff meetings
- Ability to work evenings and weekend hours
- Coordinating photos and videos for student staff banquet and social media pages
- Creating and delivering a monthly student staff newsletter/video update
- Participation in Recreation Center committees
- Participation in employee recruitment and interviews
- Assisting in staff trainings and all-staff meetings/celebrations
- Train as a building manager to work daytime shifts and substitute shifts as needed/assisting with facility management
- Assist in coordination, set-up, breakdown and supervision of special events
- Pass van certification to assist in transportation for Rec Center special events, conferences/workshops, and University functions.
- Assist with Open House events and other marketing outreach of recreation center programs
Compensation for all positions:
- $11,500 stipend and full tuition waiver (in and out of state)
- Total package worth approximately $23,500. Summer employment and during University break periods eligible to be compensated additionally at an hourly rate
- $1,000 professional development stipend to use for conferences, workshops, certifications, and tournaments
• 20-25 hr weekly, 10-month commitment (summer optional) beginning July 31
SPORT CLUBS & INTRAMURAL SPORTS GRADUATE COORDINATOR
- Bachelor’s degree in sport management/administration, recreation, physical education, leisure studies or related field
- CPR/AED certified
- 1-2 years working within areas of campus recreation competitive sports, sport clubs, intramural sports or extramural programming
- Participation or Leadership in a sport club
- Previous intramural sports programming experience
- Experience officiating collegiate intramural sports (a variety is preferred) and certified at the high school level
- Knowledge of imleagues intramural scheduling software
- Training experience with intramural or sport clubs staff
- CPR/1st Aid Instructor certified
Assist in the direct supervision of the intramural and sport clubs program, including oversight of student employees and participants/coaches. The assistantship will provide the student with a comprehensive and engaging experience to further enhance their professional and career development in the field of collegiate recreation.
Sport Clubs Responsibilities:
- Assist in overall administration and advising of approximately 40 active & petitioning sport clubs with the Assistant Director
- Evening and weekend supervision of sport club home practices or events/competitions at the Recreation Center and other facilities on an as needed basis
- Train, mentor, schedule, and evaluate sport club staff and first aid responders in game management, national governing bodies requirements, and data input
- Provide supervisory coverage in the absence of the Assistant Director and during periods of critical shortages such as university breaks
- Assist in coordinating monthly officer meetings with various topics including financial management, scheduling competitions/practices, community service, risk management, travel guidelines, etc.
- Manage petitioning sport clubs through required processes and guidelines
- Maintain Sport Clubs website and social media
- Assist in the oversight of club recruitment opportunities including the Sport Clubs & REC Expo, Late Night @ the REC, and scheduling interest meetings for the clubs
- Assist in the allocation of funds and development of relationships with vendors to assist clubs with purchases, tournament registrations, and league dues
- Assist in creating promotional and marketing material for the campus community
- Evaluate and document the inventory of sport clubs equipment and recommend purchases
- Office work includes the evaluation of staff and clubs, scheduling of home matches and practices, and ensuring clubs are submitting required paperwork
Intramural Sports Responsibilities:
- Position includes planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive intramural sports program consisting of all team sports, individual/dual sports, and special events utilizing imleagues software
- Supervise staff and develop officials’ training clinics and meetings; recruit, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate student program coordinators, supervisors, officials, and scorekeepers
- Coordinate upkeep of current and needed inventory and manage storage of intramural equipment in various indoor and outdoor storage spaces
- Collaborate with various Student Life Departments, Academic Departments, and Student Organizations for special events including Rowan Field Day, 5K Runs, Night Bright Color Run, National Women & Girls in Sports Day, International Day, Homecoming Battleship, Cooper Medical School Challenge Cup, etc.
- Assist in team and participant disciplinary incidents including ejected player meetings
- Assist in coordinating with the marketing department to promote intramural team sports, individual/dual sports, and special events through a variety of mediums (print, social media, tabling, e-mail announcers, etc.)
- Assist Intramural Director with web page development and updates, intramural policy development, and equipment purchasing process
- Assist in planning, organizing, scheduling, implementing, and evaluating the NE Regional Dodgeball Tournament and promoting NIRSA Championships Series Tournaments for student participants and staff
- Prepare student officials in preparation for participation in regional and national flag football and basketball tournaments
- Coordinate scheduling with sport clubs and facility rentals for usage of indoor and outdoor recreation spaces using the university 25live scheduling software
- Communicate usage of space with other departments and services including main office, informal recreation, sport clubs, and aquatics
- Utilize various platforms to create engaging methods for staff training, information, quizzes, and assessments
- Develop participant surveys to assess satisfaction and provide opportunity for suggestions
- Supervise student time and attendance using SubItUp employee software
- Assist in revising and implementing risk management and emergency action plans protocols for intramural sports staff
Questions concerning this position may be directed to Drew Delia - Assistant Director for Sport Clubs and Youth Programming at (856) 256-4908 or email@example.com.
For full consideration, a cover letter; resume; and names, phone numbers, and emails of three references should be sent to Drew Delia via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications can also be mailed to: Drew D'Elia, Rowan University, Recreation Center, 201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028. Applications will be accepted until the position is hired, but priority will be given to applicants that submit documents and interview prior the NIRSA Conference. Phone/SKYPE interviews will be conducted prior to the NIRSA Conference. In person interviews may be conducted at the NIRSA Annual Conference. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA BLUEFISHJOBS.COM. Information about Rowan’s Campus Recreation can be found at www.rowan.edu/rec
FITNESS & WELLNESS GRADUATE COORDINATOR
Assist in the direct supervision of the daily operations of two fitness facilities that services Rowan University Glassboro campus. Assist in the development and delivery of a comprehensive and diverse schedule of fitness and wellness program offerings. Programs are offered through group fitness, personal training, fitness assessments, wellness workshops, incentive programs, etc. The assistantship will provide the student with comprehensive, hands on training to further enhance their professional development in the fitness, wellness, health promotions, recreation and related fields.
Specific Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, execution, and evaluation of new and recurring program offerings within the context of group fitness, personal training, small group training, wellness, and incentive programs
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, supervision and training of the fitness area staff, group fitness instructors and personal trainers
- Ability to teach 2 classes per semester, conduct fitness assessments, and train personal training clients as needed. Act as a substitute fitness instructor or trainer when needed
- Assist in the evaluation of the group fitness and personal training programs to include: peer evaluations, supervisor evaluations and participant evaluations
- Develop and lead monthly educational in-service development workshops for the group fitness and personal training staff
- Assist in everyday operations of the group fitness and personal training programs including scheduling, responding to instructor time off requests, client matching, equipment inventory and needs, etc.
- Assist in the development of a yearly calendar of certifications to be hosted at the Recreation Center according to certification needs
- Work with the student fitness supervisor to develop, coordinate and implement regular preventative maintenance on all fitness area equipment
- Assist in the delivery of current fitness programs: Rec on Wheels, Women on Weights, Small Group Training, Wellness Wednesdays, PT Stops, RU heart Strong and the Annual Health & Fitness Expo
- Assist with the coordination of any fitness special events. Conduct fitness/wellness presentations
- Must hold current and nationally recognized personal training and group fitness certifications
- Conduct daily observations and provide feedback to the Assistant Director related to risk management of programs and equipment within all fitness areas, group fitness, and cycling studios
- Hire, train, evaluate, and provide direct supervision to program monitor staff
- Maintain database of group fitness participants
Questions concerning this position may be directed to Katie Huber- Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness at (856) 256-4903 or email@example.com.
For full consideration, a cover letter; resume; and names, phone numbers, and emails of three references should be sent to Katie Huber via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications can also be mailed to: Katie Huber, Rowan University, Recreation Center, 201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028. Applications will be accepted until the position is hired, but priority will be given to applicants that submit documents and interview prior the NIRSA Conference. Phone/SKYPE interviews will be conducted prior to the NIRSA Conference. In person interviews may be conducted at the NIRSA Annual Conference. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA BLUEFISHJOBS.COM. Information about Rowan’s Campus Recreation can be found at www.rowan.edu/rec
MARKETING AND MEMBER SERVICES GRADUATE COORDINATOR
- Assist the Assistant Director of Marketing in developing and administering a marketing plan to promote, enhance and cultivate interest in the programs, services and facilities offered by the Recreation Center
- Assist with the hiring and management of the member services/marketing/graphic design/photography student staff
- Assist with membership services programs, including promotional activities, special events, and member recruitment strategies
- Collaborate with professional staff on timelines for marketing strategies, promotional campaigns and publicity distribution
- Assist in the design, development, and distribution of all printed and on-line materials for the Recreation Center including student staff and member newsletters
- Assist with related research and survey development, assessments and evaluation of departmental programs
- Maintain and improve department’s website and social media sites
- Maintain promotional materials including digital and tabletop displays, bulletin boards and giveaways
- Assist in the implementation of a “secret shopper” program to evaluate student staff performance and service
- Represent the department at Open Houses, New Student Orientations, and Student Receptions
Questions concerning this position may be directed to Melanie Alverio - Assistant Director for Marketing & Member Services at (856) 256-4957 or email@example.com.
For full consideration, a cover letter; resume; and names, phone numbers, and emails of three references should be sent to Melanie Alverio via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications can also be mailed to: Melanie Alverio, Rowan University, Recreation Center, 201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028. Applications will be accepted until the position is hired, but priority will be given to applicants that submit documents and interview prior the NIRSA Conference. Phone/SKYPE interviews will be conducted prior to the NIRSA Conference. In person interviews may be conducted at the NIRSA Annual Conference. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA BLUEFISHJOBS.COM. Information about Rowan’s Campus Recreation can be found at www.rowan.edu/rec
Application Deadline: Read guidelines under application process. Open until filled.