Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate in the area of recreation, exercise science, sport administration or physical education and six years of related administrative experience, including three years of supervisory experience; OR, Nine years of related administrative experience, including three years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the specific program/service area (s) within Recreational Sports.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management and supervisory principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget management methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning principles and practices.
- Experience in problem solving and decision making.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing program/services(s) and establishing appropriate priorities.
- Experience in effectively managing, supervising and evaluating assigned staff.
- Experience in budget preparation and forecasting for specific program/service(s).
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Communicate orally and in writing to perform essential duties
- Professionally represent ASU Student Services
- Research, develop, implement and assess programs
- Supervise student workers
- Supervise professional staff
- Work collaboratively to achieve objectives
- Demonstrate interpersonal and community building skills
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze data
- Use computers effectively- including inputting, reviewing and retrieving information, extended periods of viewing screen and using mouse and keyboard
- Lift, pull and push 30 pounds
Arizona State University, Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS), and Wellness at ASU believe in preparing our students for success after graduation. As such, we develop our student staff to achieve through the Sun Devil Way (Achievement, Engagement, and Responsibility) and the values of EOSS; building students’ health and well-being, enhancing cultural experiences, encouraging and creating civic engagement opportunities, building affinity, and career preparation. We work collaboratively with other university departments as active and engaged partners. We expect our staff to support overall student engagement with ASU through various opportunities offered at ASU.
Wellness at ASU encompasses and supports all aspects of a student’s well-being; this includes the Sun Devil Fitness Complex. Students have access to four (4) facilities across the university. We offer a variety of wellness programs and services including fitness, intramural sports, sport clubs, aquatics, safety education and more. We focus on the student, both as an employee and/or as a participant.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 28195BR