1. Oversee and assist with recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of the student staff of the RecPlex.
2. Oversee and assist in conducting initial training for all RecPlex student-employees, ensuring basic competencies in all job related functions, knowledge and understanding of all departmental and university policies, procedures, and basic directory information for all Recreation and Wellness programs, services, and opportunities.
3. Oversee and assist with conducting on-going training for all RecPlex student-employees beyond the initial training. This training should both review and expand upon the basic competencies previously learned with the outcome of providing superior service to all patrons.
4. Demonstrate regular visibility to the student-staff and RecPlex patrons, to include early mornings, late nights, and weekends.
5. Assist in creating, developing, refining, and implementing a department-wide supervisor prepatory training program aimed to prepare students to succeed in supervisory roles throughout the department.
6. Assist in conducting formal and informal evaluations for all student-employees a minimum of once per academic semester for the purpose of performance improvement and professional development.
7. Assist in coordinating facility reservation requests.
8. Assist in coordinating facility related special events and associated logistics.
9. Assist in ordering and tracking disposable equipment purchases related to the successful operations of the entire NSU RecPlex.
10. Serve as building supervisor as needed.
11. Provide superior customer service to all RecPlex patrons.
12. Engage students in taking active roles in the maintenance of the RecPlex
13. Assist in the offering and delivery of training programs to the entire Recreation and Wellness student-employee base. These trainings should be both functional and developmental in nature and be relevant to the broad scope of employees. Example include customer service, conflict resolution, First Aid/CPR, career exploration, and beyond.