1. Assisting with the overall administration of the Intramural Sports and Sport Club programs.
2. Recruit, schedule, supervise, and evaluate all Intramural Sports student staff including sports officials, game supervisors, and scorekeepers.
3. Train Intramural Sports officials for all team sports activities including: flag football, volleyball, softball, basketball, indoor & outdoor soccer, ultimate Frisbee, and dodgeball and more.
4. Promote new club creation. Work with groups to create a constitution and complete required forms to become a recognized student organization. Work collaboratively with Student Activities and the Student Government Association to complete the required process.
5. Budgeting and fiscal reporting for assigned areas.
6. Conduct captain’s meetings to provide awareness on eligibility requirements, sport rules, use of IMLeagues online scheduling software, and rescheduling procedures.
7. Develop and oversee risk management procedures for the Sport Club and Intramural program. Work with staff in development and training of safety officers.
8. Review game reports, schedule and conduct meetings related to improper participant behavior. Determine sanctions and inform participants of the appeals process.
9. Assist clubs in the development of fundraising and sponsorship opportunities. Assist clubs with marketing and promotion of fundraising activities.
10. Develop a marketing plan to improve outreach to the campus community and increase participation in Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs activities. Assist with departmental marketing.
11. Prepare Intramural and Sport Club fields and for all outdoor activities by diagramming, measuring, and painting lines according to sport specific standards.
12. Responsible for maintaining all club documentation to include eligibility, travel, health waiver, and financial reports. Maintain current information on league requirements for all clubs. Verify that clubs are in compliance with national or regional organization policy.
13. Provide on site support during evening and weekend programs and activities.
14. Create and assess Learning Outcomes for all Intramural Sports officials’ trainings and workshops.
15. Accompany extramural teams and officials traveling to attend state, regional, and national tournaments and clinics to provide supervision and support.
16. Maintains flexible work schedule in order to coordinate and attend evening and weekend events to facilitate operations and respond to emergencies or problems? Ensures all aspects of events proceed smoothly and in accordance with plans.
17. Assist with facility management of the Student Recreation Center by working weekend shifts on a rotating basis.
18. Assist with select Division of Student Affairs events to include Navigate Orientation, Pirate Preview, Career Fairs, and the Late Night Breakfast.
19. Participate in training student staff during mandatory departmental orientations each semester. Attend weekly departmental staff meetings
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
If interested in this position please email Sean Willett at firstname.lastname@example.org