The Campus Recreation mission is to enhance the quality of life of our unique members by educating and encouraging active participation in recreational opportunities that develop leadership skills, foster social interaction, and reinforce healthy behaviors.
The Marketing Graduate Assistant will assist in the development and implementation of the department’s marketing efforts. This position will afford an opportunity to assist in a variety of marketing initiatives including advertising, promotions, campus outreach, social media, video creation, and staff training. This position plays a key role in assisting with the overall marketing of the 170,000 sq. ft. Student Fitness Center, and the programs and services provided to our university campus. Questions specific to the position may be directed to Andy Read, Assistant Director-Marketing, email@example.com, (309) 438-3886.
Applicants must qualify for admission to the Illinois State University Graduate School.
- To be considered for a graduate assistantship, a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate work is required and completion of the GRE.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Physical Education, Recreation, or related field required.
- Preferred background in graphic design using Adobe software, familiarity using a variety of social media platforms, and experience with website management and video editing. Marketing and photography experience also preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and/or ability to obtain valid Driver’s License required.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, both verbal and written, are expected.
- The position requires someone who is willing to work in a team environment and provide and uphold our quality standards and values.
- A marketing portfolio presentation may be requested if selected for an interview.
The Graduate Assistant will assist the Assistant Director-Marketing in the development of all marketing efforts for the department. Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide supervision and mentoring to student marketing team, including delegation of work assignments for print and multi-media and providing feedback/evaluations of work.
- Provide regular management of social media presence for the department to include scheduling and writing/editing of content.
- Present on behalf of the department during campus and community outreach activities and coordinate staff involved in similar efforts.
- Provide graphic design, photography, and video support when necessary.
- Develop and distribute department press releases.
- Contribute to website reviews and updates.
- Distribute department promotional materials throughout campus locations.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of student marketing and design team.
- Other duties assigned as deemed necessary by the department.
August 1, 2017 to May 15, 2018. Graduate Assistant is expected to adhere to the University Administrative Calendar. Two-year assistantship available, pending satisfactory performance.
$11/hr. for maximum of 20 hrs./week or approximately $950/month for 9½ months, plus 12-month tuition fellowship for in-state and out-of-state students. Student is required to pay student fees.
May 1, 2017 or until position is filled.
Interested applicants must visit the Human Resources website at www.jobs.IllinoisState.edu: www.jobs.ilstu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=71597. Any questions regarding the application process, please contact Valerie Deal, Graduate Assistant Coordinator, Campus Recreation, firstname.lastname@example.org, (309) 438-7058.
For additional information please visit our website at www.campusrecreation.illinoisstate.edu.