The Kent State University (KSU) Department of Recreational Services announces a Marketing Graduate Assistantship for Fall 2017 through Spring 2019.
KSU Department of Recreational Services Marketing Area: The Marketing Area manages the production and implementation of numerous marketing materials for every programming area within the department, as well as the promotion of the Ice Arena and membership opportunities to current and potential members of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC) . In addition to this responsibility, the Marketing Area also coordinates, plans, and promotes all late night and special events for the department, including the solicitation of sponsorships from area businesses. The Marketing Graduate Assistant will support the Marketing Coordinator by assisting with the execution of programming and membership marketing tactics, customer retention initiatives and all special events held at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center and the Ice Arena.
Kent State University is rather unique in its program/membership offerings, as the Department of Recreational Services offers programs/memberships to Kent State University students, faculty and staff, AND members of the surrounding communities.
Responsibilities: The Marketing Graduate Assistant will assist the Marketing Coordinator with the administration of the Marketing area. This position will require working a flexible schedule, including non-traditional work hours. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the student marketing staff, with tasks that include:
- Interviewing and hiring candidates
- Assigning job responsibilities
- Managing schedules and payroll
- Developing training sessions
- Maintain monthly marketing research related to:
- User demographis
- Geographical emphasis
- Consumer loyalty
- Membership sales statistics
- Program participation rates
- Trends in the health club industry
- Plan and execute all brand communication pieces as outlined by the annual marketing plan, including:
- Advertising (digital, print, and guerilla)
- Direct mail
- Assist with the continued implementation of the departments' online presence, including:
- Daily updates of our social media sites
- Weekly updates of our web site using University Communications and Marketing's content management system
- Monthly membership eNewsletters using the Constant Contact email marketing platform
- Preserve a standard of excellence in customer service as pertaining to:
- Assessment of customer satisfaction
- The training of guides for an elevated tour experience with potential members
- Weekly correspondence with two week trial users, potential member leads, and new members
- Monthly customer appreciation tactics: new member/renewing member gifts, appreciation events and sales promotions.
- Monthly customer incentives: membership referrals and loyalty rewards
- Contribute to the development, management and promotion of all special events, aligned with the University's mission to increase student retention rates by creating late night and weekend programming.
- Other duties as assigned
Application Procedure: Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to: Steven Langdon, Marketing Coordinator Kent State University Department of Recreational Services 1550 Ted Boyd Drive Kent, OH 44242-0001 Email: email@example.com (electronic submission is acceptable) DO NOT APPLY VIA BLUEFISHJOBS.COM
Closing Date: Preference is given to applications received by Wednesday, February 1, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Assistantship start date: Monday, August 14, 2017 (earlier start date may be available)
Preferred candidates shall pursue one of the following graduate degree programs listed below; however, applicants interested in other graduate degree programs are also encouraged to apply.
School of Foundations, Leadership and Administration (FLA):
M.A. Hospitality Management, M.A. Recreation Park and Tourism, M.A. Sport Administration, M.A. Sport and Recreation Management, M.A. Sports Studies
Graduate School of Management: M.B.A. Marketing
School of Communication Studies: M.A. Communication Studies
School of Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC): M.A. Reporting and Editing, M.A. Public Relations, M.A. Media Management
School of Visual Communication and Design (VCD): M.A. or M.F.A. Graphic Design
Graduate School Admissions and Application Information: Minimum GPA of 3.0 required for admission GRE may be required (contact Graduate School for more details)
Kent State University, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse work force. ======================================================