The Recreational Sports Department at the University of North Texas strives to provide the kind of recreational experiences that not only support the wellness of the UNT community but inspire it. The activities are provided through intramural sports, informal recreation, group exercise, sport clubs, fitness, faculty/staff fitness, special events, outdoor pursuits and aquatics.
The Recreational Sports Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Student Specialist III - Intramural Coordinator to join our team.
The Intramural Coordinator assists with supervising, scheduling and evaluating the intramural sports programs and encourages students, faculty and the staff to engage in these activities. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Intramurals and supervises all student supervisors, officials and workers in the intramural program.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist in scheduling tournaments, leagues and events.
* Assist in the interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating of supervisors, graduate assistants, and officials.
* Assist with organizing the advisory Intramural Council to receive student input.
* Assist with training emergency procedures to supervisors and officials including documenting first aid certifications of supervisors.
* Follow and enforce supervision guidelines for intramural games.
* Assist with collecting, receipting, recording and reconciling income, entry fees and forfeits.
* Responsible for inspecting sports equipment, keeping track of playing equipment and supplies inventory, and reporting maintenance needs of facilities.
* Review existing program offering each year, evaluating program according to participation and cost.
* Stay updated with current NIRSA rules and review and assist with modifying playing rules for sports.
* Assists with the marketing and promotion of the intramural sports program.
* Responsible for evening supervision during intramural play.
Sunday - Friday, evenings, some weekends
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.