PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist with the supervision of daily operations within the Jefferson Recreation & Fitness Center, including staff coverage, the customer membership experience and facility maintenance. Oversee major programming initiatives such as intramural sports, group exercise, off campus trips and the JRFC personal training. Provide exceptional customer service. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Supervise all aspects of fitness & recreation programming, including health risk appraisal, fitness appraisal, and individual and group exercise program development. Provide instruction on the proper use of strength training and cardiovascular equipment and conduct fitness evaluations as needed.
• Develop, promote, evaluate and update a comprehensive schedule of group fitness and/or co-curricular classes. Supervise, promote and grow the private training services. • Train, coach, discipline, supervise and evaluate part-JRFC employees, including lifeguards, issue counter attendants, recreation aides, group fitness instructors, personal trainers and fitness interns. Perform annual performance appraisals for full-time employees.
• Maintain communication with all JRFC employees regarding current policies, procedures and programming. Schedule and coordinate monthly staff meetings.
• Utilizing facility management system, maintain utilization, membership, participation and financial data critical to the mission of the JRFC. Provide monthly updates to the Director and the JRFC Advisory Committee.
• Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
• Identify & asses risks within the facility, department and JRFC/OSLE programs. Work with the Director to mitigate and eliminate identified risks accordingly.
• Create marketing strategies to assure that information relating to all departmental events, programs, disruptions and announcements is displayed, published and advertised in timely, professional and coordinated fashion using all media platforms available to the JRFC.
• Develop, coordinate and promote new and on-going wellness programs and services. Secure instructors, collect fees, schedule facilities, evaluate participant experience.
• Oversee, develop, coordinate and promote the recreation sports program. Update annual Intramural Handbook and IMLegues.com with timely, accurate information; schedule appropriate playing facilities accordingly.
• Assist the Director in preparing the annual budget and in compiling current year revenue projections.
• Administer immediate First Aid when necessary, keep a properly stocked first aid kit, and document all injuries on appropriate incident report form and according to established guidelines.
• Supervise and instruct JRFC members and students during daily exercise and monitor members with injuries, risk factors and special needs.
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by director.