Florida Gulf Coast University Campus Recreation is a student-centered department that offers quality programs, services, and facilities that contribute to the overall educational experience. We are currently looking for qualified individuals to fill our Competitive Sports Internship position and Marketing Internship position. These positions were created to benefit the programs as well as provide a management and leadership opportunity for a college graduate.
Marketing Intern (1)
The Marketing Intern will provide leadership in the areas of digital design, social media, web management and promotional materials for the Department of Campus Recreation. Anticipated start date is July 2017.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, schedule & evaluate all marketing staff. This includes Graphic Designers, Photographers, Videographers, and Program Assistants
- Plan and conduct all marketing staff meetings.
- Assist with student staff payroll
- Manage departmental promotional materials to include purchasing, inventory, and maintenance.
- Manage departmental social media and marketing accounts
- Serve as point of contact to Campus Recreation staff and its partners for all marketing assignments
- Assign, edit, review all assignments generated from the department marketing request form
- Plan, schedule, provide staff, and coordinate promotional materials for all on campus information sessions
- Work with Campus Recreation staff to develop instructional and promotional videos for the department
- Plan, staff, execute, and serve on Eagle View Orientation Late Night program committee
- Work to obtain sponsorships via outreach to local businesses to promote the department
- Serve on departmental committees as assigned
- Maintain daily office hours. Some early morning, late evening and weekend work will be required
- Act in a professional manner at all times
- Provides general administrative and clerical support
Competitive Sports Intern (1)
The Competitive Sports Intern will provide leadership in the areas of intramural sports, sport clubs, and student development for the Department of Campus Recreation. Anticipated start date is July 2017.
- Work directly with the Sport Clubs Coordinator and Intramural Sports Coordinator to develop and manage all daily aspects of both programs.
- Sport Clubs -
- Assist with the advisement of the Sport Clubs Council and the development of the program’s 27 clubs and 700+ participants
- Mentor and assist with the scheduling and supervision of Sport Clubs staff
- Assist with program purchasing and budget allocations
- Support clubs by marketing and assisting with competitions and special events
- Schedule, supervise, and lead trainings for First Responders, Athletic Trainers, and Field Crew
- Intramural Sports-
- Assist with hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of intramural sports staff, including program assistants, supervisors and officials
- Manage imleagues.com functions, including registration, creation of team schedules, playoff brackets and tournaments
- Lead officials training sessions for multiple sports
- Serve as the point person for managing the officials’ development program, which includes video and written evaluations of 50+ officials for 24 sports/activities
- Visit sport sites (rec fields, auxiliary gym, aquatics center, etc.) on a regular basis to ensure safety for practices and events
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Serve on department committees for special event planning and programming
- Assist with developing, enforcing, and evaluating program policies and procedures
- Attend all Intramural Sports supervisor and Sport Clubs Council meetings
- Other duties as assigned