Central Washington University Recreation is hiring a full-time Membership and Facilities Coordinator. This position will serve as the primary resource for membership services, access control, and facility supervision of the Recreation Center. Supervision of evening/weekend student staff to effectively monitor Recreation Center operations including: student access control center, software management systems and scheduling of Recreation Center facilities. This position will implement and review program goals, objectives, policies, procedures and risk management initiatives in order to properly train, schedule, and supervise student staff to accomplish established goals. Oversee maintenance and repair of equipment and assist with the coordination of capital improvements. Assist with budget planning, monitor expenses, as well as promote, market, and assess program offerings. Support other areas of Recreation. Job Duties include:
* Actively engages in recruitment and hiring new employees;
* Clearly defines performance expectations, ensure accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback, coaching, and mentoring. Conducts formal performance evaluations;
* Ensures employees have necessary resources;
* Oversees and directs the work of staff; serves as mentor, coach and leader, and resolves complaints or issues;
* Promotes professional development opportunities;
* Develops and fosters supportive working relationships, motivation and engagement;
* Communicates information to staff on an ongoing basis to influence staff engagement and to be a part of a larger community;
* Takes corrective action in a timely manner;
* Recognizes and rewards employees for good performance;
* Schedules employee work hours/shifts; monitor hours worked; approve payable time and absence requests;
* Adjusts leadership style as needed to achieve results;
* Recognizes value of and promotes diverse workforce. Values and encourages diverse perspectives, creativity and teamwork;
* Supervises approximately 60 paid student employees who may each work 9-19 hours per week during the academic year and up to 40 hours per week during academic breaks and summer quarter.
* Advises the Recreation Advisory Board and regularly interacts with the student leadership. Responsible to schedule work hours to ensure all services can be adequately delivered to our campus clientele.
* Is the primary supervisor and administrator of Membership Services, Access Control, Equipment Checkout, locker rental, and facility scheduling. Functions include maintaining the membership database; process new enrollments, renewals and cancellations.
* Provide high-level customer service and resolution of student/member questions, complaints, problems, and refunds.
* Oversees point of sale transactions, cash handling, event registration, assessment reports, inventory management and the distribution of information to key staff.
* Hire, train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate a large student access control personnel and floor staff to provide excellent customer service. Design, coordinate, and implement student employee training procedures.
* Assist with budget analysis and management of all expenditures and revenue, including payroll and equipment acquisition. Make effective programming decisions based on an informed fiscal understanding. Manage the packaging and/or selling of membership programs, including customized membership program plans, coordinate marketing, sales, and service activities.
* Maintain, evaluate, and oversee furnishings, fixtures, and equipment within the Recreation Center. Enhance schedules and evaluative tools to ensure timely replacement and maintenance of strength and cardio equipment. Ensure routine maintenance checks are done on lifts and standards.
* Oversee all facility upkeep and smooth operations. Coordinate facility projects and repairs annually.
* Develop and implement tools to measure Rec member satisfaction and generate routine satisfaction reports. Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual Rec membership reports to designated staff.
* Organize facility tours for members, alumni, and internal/external groups and organizations and make regular presentations about Rec membership opportunities to key campus constituency groups.
* Collaborate with both on- and off-campus entities to advance the programs and image of University Recreation, Campus Life, Student Success, and Central Washington University.
* Represent University Recreation and serve on university committees.
* Collaborate with Conference Scheduling to provide membership options and schedule facility use for visiting groups.
* Collaborate with the Aquatics Facility Manager to provide recreational swim hours and offerings.
Working Conditions: This position involves a combination of office/computer work settings, as well as physical presence in and around campus recreational facilities. It is essential to be able to meet the physical demands of remaining at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, using repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements. Some stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying, or moving of objects and other movements may be required. Evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be expected based on changing needs, requirements, deadlines, and budgetary constraints.
This position works in accordance with State and Federal Regulations, University policies and procedures, and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Working under general direction, the incumbent will independently plan and organize work assignments. Projects and specific tasks may be assigned by the supervisor either verbally or in writing. Work is reviewed periodically to ensure department goals are being met.