The Bellarmine University Division of Student Affairs has an immediate opening for an Assistant/Associate Director for Campus Wellness who will enrich the student experience through implementation of programs which foster student wellness. The position also serves the wellness needs of faculty and staff members. The position leverages campus resources and impacts the mind, body, and spirit of Bellarmine community members. This position is highly collaborative working closely with programming in several functional areas on campus, including but not limited to Academic Departments, Human Resources, Health Services, Counseling Services, Residence Life, Student Activities, and The Office of Identity and Inclusion. This is a 12-month, full-time, exempt position with working hours Monday through Friday. Some additional evening and weekends hours may be required. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate educational wellness programming for both students and faculty/staff. Utilize empirical evidence and scholarly dialogue to inform practice.
- Partner with faculty, student organizations and campus departments to deliver health-related academic/educational content
- Design and implement a comprehensive wellness promotion communication plan
- Partner with academic faculty members to develop projects, programs and interventions which contribute to the empirical evidence of wellness initiatives at Bellarmine University
- Implement a student peer education based program that empowers students to teach about a variety of wellness topics
- Manage Wellness and Fitness program for faculty/staff and students
- Participate in leadership of the campus wellness committee
- Conduct assessment to acquire relevant data about wellness issues including attitudes, beliefs and perceptions about wellness behaviors, and the influence of environmental factors that contribute to risky practices
- Manage grant-funded budgets and seek other funding sources for wellness initiatives.
- May have the opportunity to instruct credited academic courses on wellness and student success
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine intends to increase its undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 4,000 students by adding several new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in the Princeton Review's 381 Best Colleges, ranks 12th among regional (South) universities in the 2016 U.S. News and World Report college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. Bellarmine also earned a place on the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2015.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 175-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood of Louisville, KY, which was named one of the nation's top 10 most affordable cities by Forbes. CNNMoney recently called Louisville the United States' top "breakout city."
Bellarmine is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this position.
Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Public Health, Health/Wellness Promotion or related field required. Experience in higher education, academic faculty collaboration, assessment, and campus programming is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with diverse constituencies, knowledge of principles of student development, and a strong student-centered philosophy. Ability to manage and motivate staff, faculty and students is essential as is a personal demeanor that inspires excellence and collaboration. The successful candidate must possess 2-5 years of full-time experience developing wellness programs is essential. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must provide a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references by clicking on the appropriate link below in this posting.