Reporting to the Director of Recreational Sports within the Department of Student Affairs, the Assistant Director of Recreational Sports assists with the management of all recreational activities and programs. The Assistant Director assists the Director of Recreational Sports in all aspects of management and is responsible for providing quality recreation programs, facilities and services for University students, faculty and staff members. Program areas include Intramural Sports, Club Sports, Aquatics, Fitness, Group Exercise and Informal (Open) Recreation.
• Provide vision, planning and management for a comprehensive recreational sports department, including all programs, services and facilities.
• Manage facility scheduling and special events.
• Recruit, hire, supervise and provide leadership to a team including professional staff, classified staff, graduate assistants, and 100+ student workers.
• Provide direction and oversight of all programming areas: Intramural Sports, Club Sports, Aquatics, Fitness, Group Exercise and Informal (Open) Recreation.
• Assist with the operation of InnoSoft Fusion software system.
• Serve as an advocate for and campaign for the health and well-being of the campus community by offering innovative programming and continuing to improve and provide state of the art facilities and equipment.
• Assist with budget and financial management of each area of Rec Sports.
• Assist in developing annual and long-range goals and implement ongoing departmental assessment program.