Positions Available: 8 within the CSRF/KIN academic department,(excluding fulltime Varsity Coaching GAs)
Duties: All Graduate Assistantships perform multiple duties when needed, and serve in multiple capacities within the department. This includes: Instructional Programming (Physical-Recreational Activities Classes), Sports Clubs leaders, Special Events Administration, Research Assistants, etc. Whenever possible, graduate assistants are assigned multiple areas of responsibilities, including some varsity GA coaching assignments.
- Instructional Program GAs (the following background strengths are given preference):
- Racquet/Court Sports (Handball, Racquetball, Badminton, Pickleball, Tennis)
- Non-Traditional Activities (Bowling, Frisbee, Wallyball, etc.)
- Fitness (Weight Training, Conditioning, Jogging, Power Walking, Kettlebells, Aquatics)
- Team Sports
- Student Sports Clubs and Organizations Leadership
- Active Clubs ( Men and Women’s Handball, Men and Women’s Powerlifting, Volleyball,
- Men and Women’s basketball, Men and Women’s Rugby, Frisbee)
- Possible Clubs (MW Soccer, Tennis)
- The CSRF graduate program has a strong working relationship with the Athletic Department and thus accepts applications for GA athletic administration position and coaching positions for all sports. Applications are then passed on to the proper coaches for the review process.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and admission to the ASU graduate studies program Coaching, Sport, and Recreation & Fitness Administration. In-state tuition rate waivers for non-state resident GAs are available but limited. All GA positions are ½ time and average 8-12 hours per week and are designed to approximately cover each semester’s tuition. Academic scholarship (graduate scholars) money, above the GA stipend, is available for qualified students with an overall 3.4 GPA or better from any academic discipline. This scholarship averages $1,000.00 to 2,000.00 per semester and includes waiver of out-of-state tuition rates for in-state tuition rates. Additional wage pay roll and volunteer experiences opportunity positions are also available across campus for qualified individuals.
Deadline for fall positions: March 20, 2017 or until filled Starting date: Mid-August
Graduate School Applications and the GA position consideration page must be filled out online via the ASU website.
Additionally, GA Position Applications and interest letters are sent directly to the program director. If applying for these positions candidates must send a cover letter addressing their interest and qualifications along with resume and three letters of recommendation to:
Dr. Warren K, (Spider) Simpson Director- Coaching, Sport, Recreation & Fitness Administration Program Angelo State University ASU Station #10903 San Angelo, TX 76909