Position Title: Assistant Director of Facility Operations (UC title - Program Director, Campus Recreation Center)
Reports To: Associate Director of Membership and Operations
Basic Function/Purpose: The Assistant Director provides dynamic, hands-on leadership for facility and operational needs of the Campus Recreation Center (CRC) and supplemental assistance with the Fitness Center (FC). This position requires an individual with proven leadership experience capable of working in a fast-paced, results-oriented team. A vital component of this position is a demonstrated ability to work autonomously with initiative, critical and creative thinking, as well as a strong commitment to collaboration, student development, and customer service. Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hire, train, direct, develop, and evaluate Coordinator of Facility Operations.
- Supervise daily management of the 200,000+ square foot CRC and provide supplemental assistance with the 12,000+ square foot FC facilities and equipment.
- Manage revenue generating facility rental program. Coordinate internal and external one-time and recurring usage, including College of Education, Club Sports, Department of Athletics, DAAP Fashion Show, Career Fair, etc. Facilitate logistics, contracts, insurance, payment, etc.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule, supervise, and evaluate climbing wall staff. Coordinate employee orientations and student staff meetings. Develop/revise employee handbooks and trainings.
- Manage and direct the daily operations of the climbing and bouldering wall.
- Develop an approved facilities and operations annual operating and capital budget for purchases, repairs, and payroll.
- Produce and distribute weekly calendar, Campus Recreation hotline updates, website and daily facility information. Coordinate facility signage including daily Campus Recreation programming, open recreation and event schedules.
- Coordinate custodial, maintenance, and capital project. Coordinate facility and equipment repair and replacement. Inventory and maintain equipment and coordinate new purchases.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating building supervisors and team building staff.
- Assist in administering and managing Bearcat card access system, KeyWatcher key management system, ID and key requests, alarm code activation, and loading dock access for both facilities.
- Develop, evaluate, and revise policies, procedures, and operation protocols to ensure safe and well-managed facility
- Provide departmental leadership for risk management and emergency action plan.
- Maintain accurate participant and program data and compile usage reports.
- Assist with coordination of team building program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with three (3) years experience; -OR- Associate's degree with five (5) years experience; -OR- seven (7) years experience. Experience must be in program development or business administration. Experience must include at least one (1) year of supervision. Experience in recreation operations including facility and staff supervision, event planning and scheduling and risk management.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in recreation, sports management, or business management. Minimum of three years professional experience in Campus Recreation or related field. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities. Administrative skills including strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions. Analytical skills to identify problems, assess alternatives, render consistent and logical decisions. Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced lifestyles. Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm. Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a team player. Experience in Climbing Wall operations.
Compensation: Salary range ($48,000-$53,000) Commensurate with experience. About benefits - www.uc.edu/hr/benefits
To Apply: Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately. Apply here or online at jobsatuc.com.
About the University of Cincinnati - http://www.uc.edu/
About the Department of Campus Recreation - www.uc.edu/campusrec
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.