Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
The Coordinator of Club Sports and Recreational Day Camp assists with the day to day operational and administrative duties governing the university’s club sports program with a focus on student formation and development. The Coordinator duties include administering game day and event operations and risk management, overseeing student staff, and administrative tasks such as van management and financial processes, as well as the day to day management of the Recreational Day Camp in the summer.
• Serves as primary point of contact for club sport officers and participants for any questions/concerns (i.e. logistics, budget, personal conflicts)
• Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, supervises, retains, and evaluates student staff along with payroll
• Serves as primary BC Campus Recreation representative at home club sport competitions
• Ensures playing facilities are safe, including implementation of preventative maintenance measures
• Ensures compliance with University risk management procedures
• Oversees Campus Recreation van usage
• Complete purchase orders and reconcile club sport purchases
• Attend all club sport recruitment and marketing events on-campus
• Prepares statistical reports
• Oversees day-to-day camp operations
• Assist with camp staff trainings/in-services
This position reports directly to the Assistant Director, Club Sports and Recreational Day Camps.
This position is Tuesday – Saturday. Tuesday – Friday evening hours 1:00pm – 9:00pm. Saturday hours are 10:00am – 6:00pm.
Schedule may fluctuate due to club sport home games. Summer hours switch to Monday -Friday to accommodate camp needs.
Salary Range: $40,750-$50,950