The Coordinator of Facilities for Campus Recreation & Wellness (CRW) will assist the Associate Director in the overall organization and administration of special events and facilities. The Coordinator serves as a leader and liaison to the Campus Recreation Center facility staff, event participants, and facility patrons.
CRW, a department within the Division of Student Affairs, is committed to fostering a campus-wide culture of recreation and wellness through a comprehensive array of programs and services that educate, empower, and engage individuals to pursue and sustain healthy, balanced lifestyles. Benefits of participation in CRW programs include the application of leadership, decision-making, problem solving, conflict management, communication, and social skills. Program areas include Fitness, Wellness, Intramural Sports, Facilities/Informal Recreation, Club Sports, Outdoor Programs and Aquatics.
WCU was founded in 1889 to bring higher education and career opportunities to the western region of North Carolina. A member of the University of North Carolina system, WCU now provides an education to more than 9,000 students from 38 states and 32 countries. WCU is committed to the health and wellness of students, faculty and staff and the new 73,000 sq. ft. Campus Recreation Center is a testament to that commitment. For more information about WCU or CRW go to our website: www.wcu.edu as well as reccenter.wcu.edu.
- Work cooperatively with other CRW staff members to plan and assist in the implementation of special events, to include open houses, orientation, 5K walks and runs, etc.
- Work cooperatively with other WCU departments to collaborate on events and initiatives related to student development and facilities
- Reserve and prepare facilities and equipment for events
- Assist in the recruitment, training, evaluation, supervision, and scheduling of facility staff, including Campus Recreation Center Supervisors and Recreation Assistants
- Assist with organization and leadership of student staff training at the beginning of each semester
- Develop, maintain, and enforce standards for risk management and safety for the Campus Recreation Center
- Assist with day to day administrative duties and operations
- Assist with equipment checkout and billing processes
- Assist with minor equipment malfunctions and issues
- Assess special events, facility, and personnel student development through participant feedback, focus groups, surveys, and formal evaluations
- Assist with budget planning and equipment inventory and purchases
- Maintain and uphold the University, Division, and Department standards regarding policies, procedures, risk management, and personnel
- Maintain staff records regarding employment, certifications, and CPR/AED/FIRST AID
- Evening and/or weekend work is required, along with additional duties that promote the overall mission of the department
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably in a field related to recreation.
- Previous work experience in Campus Recreation as an undergraduate required.
- Hold current American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Proficiency in computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, and other applications/software)
- Professionalism and willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Motivation, enthusiasm, and attention to detail
$10/hour for up to 100 hours per month and $1,000 declining balance meal money/semester (fall and spring semesters only)
Associate Director, Campus Recreation & Wellness