Wake Forest University is a leading collegiate university. In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Wake Forest 27th among national universities and 5th for the quality of teaching. Wake Forest strives for and expects excellence from students, faculty, and staff in all facets of their lives including intellectually and physically.
In 2014, Wake Forest launched Thrive, a comprehensive approach to wellbeing for all members of the campus community. As part of Thrive, the Reynolds Gymnasium has been undergoing an extensive renovation and expansion which will be completed in the coming academic year. Wake Forest students are extremely physically active with the majority of undergraduate students participating in 18 different intramural sports and fielding 36 competitive club sports.
With Reynolds Gym reopening soon, Campus Recreation has created several new positions to focus on increasing and diversifying fitness and recreation programs and participation.
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Business & Member Services Coordinator is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of the Reynolds Gym welcome desk including, but not limited to, business operations, financial management, member management, facility access, equipment checkout, and guest services. This position also ensures excellent service to students, faculty, staff, community members and campus guests.
- Provides training and supervision to student employees with an emphasis on customer service skills.
- Coordinates and oversees daily business operations and member service functions including memberships, registrations, rentals, and retail sales.
- Manages member management/point of sale software; maintains confidentiality of member records and University financial information.
- Maintains accurate financial records and daily sales reports.
- Assists with fiscal accountability, prepares bank deposits (i.e. cash, checks, charge card slips, and internet settlements) while adhering to the University policy for cash handling.
- Assists in the collection and reporting of evaluation and assessment data (i.e. number of facility users, reservations, and sales data).
- Develops annual goals with appropriate evaluation and assessment metrics to demonstrate progress in areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates facility tours; acts as a VIP tour guide to Reynolds Gym.
- Ensures a high level of customer service; creates a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members of the campus community and guests.
- May assist the Associate Director of Campus Recreation, Facilities, as needed with space supervision and monitoring, event setup and breakdown.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- At least one year of experience in working with cash register, daily reconciliations, retail sales, or point of sale systems and customer service. Proven knowledge of cash handling, balancing, and reconciliation procedures.
- Ability to successfully manage, supervise, and mentor employees, and work effectively with employees who have a variety of skill and experience levels.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and dependability.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information and perform a wide range of duties that require tact, sensitivity, independent judgment, diplomacy, organizational skills, flexibility, and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus, with the ability to project a collaborative and professional demeanor with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse university community.
- Ability to use good judgment and individual discretion in responding to inquiries, and unexpected customer needs and requests.
- Ability to organize workflow and manage multiple tasks and functions simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills, and ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and enforce Reynolds Gymnasium policies and procedures and suggest edits as needed.
- Ability to collaborate, develop partnerships, and work effectively independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel), Google Docs, and other common internet-based applications.
Ability to assess, operate, and trouble shoot a variety of office and retail equipment (i.e. fax, copiers, credit card terminals, cash registers).
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associate’s degree
- Experience in a university environment, working directly with students.
- Experience in recreation and/or fitness.
- Experience with membership management software and facility reservation software.
- Responsible for own work.
- Supervises student workers.
- Fiscal responsibilities.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.