Applicants must apply by completing an unclassified
application online at https://jobs.nicholls.edu.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
If you need assistance,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applications received are subject to the Louisiana Public Records Act § 44:1 et seq., and information regarding your application may be released if requested under this statute.
10% - Work collaboratively with various campus units and user constituencies
to ensure the successful evolution of the program which provides healthy and active programs.
10% - As SEALS student organization coordinator, supervise Executive
Board and student employees, provide training opportunities and
management of budget. Assist Executive Board with planning and
implementing awareness and prevention programming. Conduct
assessment activities related to needs assessment, usage statistics
2% - Monitor industry trends and incorporate new programs accordingly.
20% - Organize fitness/wellness events and workshops.
3% - Create educational material for patrons.
40% - Provide programming and services that address the health and
wellness needs of the community within the Recreation Center. Includes,
but not limited to, organizing group exercise schedule, hiring of
instructors and personal trainers.
5% - Evaluate effectiveness of programs, rules and policies of the
Fitness and Wellness program.
5% - Establish measurable goals for the program which
complement the university's goals and that of the Division of
5% - Continually evaluate the safety of participants by embracing
solid risk management practices.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Specialized certification in personal training, group exercise, wellness or related area needed.
- Demonstrated supervisory or management experience regarding a college-aged demographic.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Sports Management, Higher Education or Exercise and Nutritional Sciences.
- If applicant is not enrolled and active in a Master's program in a related field, the applicant will enroll in and will be in a related Master's Degree program within 12 months of hiring date.
Other Minimum Requirements:
- Knowledge of safety procedures and protocols as they relate to fitness/wellness programs.
- Experience in working with personal computer software applications.
Must acquire CPR/AED and First Aid certification within three months of employment.