The Graduate Assistant will assist the Assistant Director and Coordinator of Outdoor Adventure in all program components including outdoor operations center, climbing facility, gear rental, trip/clinic program, mountain bike trail, pump track, disc golf course and challenge course. Depending on qualifications and experience, work load may be shifted towards more relevant areas within the Outdoor Adventure program.
This is a two year commitment with a renewable contract pending a successful evaluation at the end of the first academic year. Graduate Assistants are required to maintain a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average each semester and progress toward a graduate degree. Graduate Assistants are required to enroll in a minimum of six credit hours and a maximum of nine credit hours of graduate work for each of the fall and spring semesters.
Position job duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the operations, administration, and supervision of the OA program
• Assist in the budget process, including budget development, payroll projections, purchasing, etc
• Assist in marketing of all program aspects
• Supervise student staff including recruitment, training, and evaluation
• Assist in planning, budgeting, and leading trips as well as challenge course programming
• Assist in developing formalized procedures and policies relating to new challenge course
• Demonstrate leadership ability/qualities
• Present self as a professional both in appearance and attitude
• Instill superior customer service mindset across student staff
• A tuition waiver for the Fall and Spring semesters.
• If a degree program requires summer classes in order to remain compliant for graduation in spring 2019, then a summer tuition waiver may be provided under approval of the Director of Campus Recreation.
• A monthly stipend of $1,200.00, which will be paid bi-monthly.
• A $500 book scholarship to the on-campus bookstore for books and educational supplies for classes each semester.
Please note: Campus Recreation does not cover the cost of student fees
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three (3) references to Justin Crossland, Assistant Director of Outdoor Adventure, at Justin.Crossland@tamuc.edu. Review of applications will begin May 1.