Position Summary: The Langham Creek Family YMCA is seeking a dynamic, innovative, highly motivated, Healthy Living Director to oversee our Health and Wellness Department. Our YMCA resides in the Copperfield neighborhood of the Cypress-Fairbanks area of Houston. During our peak times of the year, we welcome over 4,000 membership units which equates to over 13,000 members into our facility. The Langham Creek Family YMCA offers over 130 group exercise classes per week and provides over $120,000 in personal training annually. Our facility houses 3 group exercise studios, 1 group cycling studio and 1 personal training studio. We are seeking a transformational, servant leader to take our Health and Wellness Department to the next level.
Major responsibilities include direct supervision of all health and wellness programs (including group exercise, individual and small group personal training, chronic disease prevention and the wellness center), development of group fitness programs, delivery of wellness presentations, and member engagement. The ideal candidate will be a visionary, with marketing knowledge, and the ability to bring the Membership and Wellness departments together to engage new members, better serve existing members and increase membership retention. This person will lead the efforts to retain members using Daxko Operations and Engage.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Track staff time according to budget and utilize/approve Kronos in accordance with policies.
- Ensure staff carry proper/current certifications and maintains accurate documentation.
- Respond to members concerns in a timely manner as appropriate through Daxko Engage, comment cards and member interaction.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating goals.
- Identify and implement new industry trends.
- Develop, monitor and achieve budget goals.
- Responsible for the successful attainment of department targets, including revenue and member retention.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Monitor daily operations to adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
- Assist in marketing and distribution of program information.
- Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Assist with Board and Committee meetings.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in healthy living programs.
YMCA Competencies (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.