Administer and implement a comprehensive, campus-wide Intramural Sports program including leagues and tournaments comprised of gender specific, co-ed, recreational, and competitive programs.
Train, schedule, and supervise student staff to accomplish program goals and to manage facilities, both indoor and outdoor. Implement and review program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Assist and support budget planning, monitor expenses, as well as assess, promote, and market program offerings. Serve as the department liaison and primary contact for departmental and campus-wide Special Events throughout the year. These events will promote Recreation programs and build relationships with our campus clientele.
Assist with Sport Clubs, Camp C-Woo and special group event rentals of the Recreation Center.
Excellence - We strive for the best in all we do and amigo exceed our own expectations.
Inclusivity - We commit to supporting an environment in which we engage all people and embrace individuality.
Integrity - We pledge to be moral and honest in all we do.
Growth - We have a sustained passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
Community - We will create a climate in which great things can happen.
Priority #1: Student Success
- Provide opportunities for learning outside of the classroom
- Initiate and maintain programs and services to improve retention rates
- Offer activities and programs that enhance life skills aimed at increasing the ability to cope with stresses and challenges of daily life
- Encourage self-discovery and awareness to support student development
- Present resources and information to navigate the University system
- Provide opportunities for student/faculty interaction outside the classroom
- Ensure student development through the implementation and assessment of student learning outcomes
- Offer a comprehensive support system that promotes, emotional, social, intellectual, occupational, spiritual, and physical wellness
Priority #2: Leadership
- Provide leadership growth opportunities for all students
- Offer student leaders training to advance their leadership skills
- Support and encourage ethical and moral decision making
- Sponsor communication, interpersonal and teambuilding skills development for all students
Priority #3: Community
- Ensure a safe and secure environment
- Promote qualities and attributes that encourage good citizenship
- Enhance student life through increased co-curricular, social and recreational opportunities for students
- Collaborate across the campus to increase student success
- Increase cultural, social, and intellectual diversity
- Promote respectful dialogue
- Maintain and build CWU traditions and celebrations
- Encourage an appreciation of self and others as well as respect of differences
- Provide opportunities that allow students to become involved and engaged in the campus community to foster a sense of belonging, connectedness and inclusion
Priority #4: Wellness
- Promote healthy lifestyle choices
- Assist in developing greater self-awareness
- Encourage balance and self-care
- Provide education, prevention, and intervention programming aimed at promoting informed decision making
- Support a well and caring campus community