Facility Management, Health/Wellness, Special Events
4 Year Degree
POSITION OBJECTIVE The manager of operations and member services is responsible for the management of athletic facilities such as Veale Center and Adelbert Gym as well as administrative duties within the athletic department at those sites. Responsibilities include facility management, supervision of staff and student workers, and game day management.
1. Manage the day-to-day operations for indoor recreation and athletic facilities, specifically Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center and Adelbert Gymnasium. Ensure all schedules and event briefs are updated and available to staff.
2. Manage and oversee the recruitment, hiring, scheduling and supervision of 100+ student employees. Provide instruction and development opportunities for staff through training, coaching and performance evaluations. Ensure facilities, events and other set-up/tear down needs are fully staffed.
3. Plan and manage on-site events to include: varsity competitions, university events and outside rentals. Lead and/or assist with event promotions, set-up and take down procedures, crowd control, ticket sales. Meet, greet and provide information as needed to visiting teams, organizations, officials etc.
4. Work closely with Facility Coordinator to ensure enforcement/communication of student employment procedures, training and policies are consistent.
5. Oversee development and management of Recreation Membership opportunities. Serve as liaison between Department of Physical Education and Access Services to ensure REC-ID’s and REC-access are processed and up to date. Develop systems for locker rental, lost and found and equipment check out and ensure implemented properly. Audit membership applications to ensure accuracy and completeness. Generate and manage membership lists/records. Assist in compilation of yearly user data and end of the year reports.
1. Develop, coordinate and lead trainings, meetings and professional development opportunities for Operation Managers and Staff.
2. Provide oversight of aquatic facilities to ensure safety and condition by: monitoring and scheduling general cleaning, water testing, preventative care and corrective maintenance performed by staff and Metro Pools; recommending repairs; and documenting any issues or concerns.
3. Work with the Associate Athletic Director of Facilities and Operations to review and assess daily facility, user and staff issues. Assist in development, review and revising of facility policies and procedures. Conduct facility inspections, risk management audits and monitor facility usage and equipment inventory.
4. Lead the development and implementation of customer service and member engagement programs. Develop and maintain membership communication templates, documents and materials.
5. Responsible for managing time cards and bi-weekly payroll for student employees.
6. Oversee and implement an employee recognition program as well as an employee disciplinary program.
7. Manage and coordinate facility reservation requests in lieu of Associate Athletic Director of Facilities and Operations absence.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Department: Daily contact with Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations, all department faculty and staff members and student worker staff as it relates to day to day operations, service and maintenance.
University: Periodic contact with university faculty and staff that are encountered while hosting special events.
External: Periodic contact with rental clients when hosting events.
Students: Daily contact with undergraduate student workers and facility users when providing instructions, resolving issues and providing services.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY Provide direct supervision for student workers that will be assisting in event set up, competition set up and logistics.
WORKING CONDITIONS Employee will be subject to contact with human blood and/or tissue. Employee will be called on to drive a university vehicle.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis. NOTE CWRU offers a flexible benefits package including tuition waiver for employees and dependents; Respond in confidence, including salary history : CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY, Human Resources Job Code #6173, apply to: jobs.case.edu
QUALIFICATIONS Experience: 2 to 4 years of experience in athletics, facility/recreation management Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required; Masters preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS Interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities.
Case Western Reserve University is located in Cleveland's University Circle, the 500-acre, park-like home of more than 40 cultural, medical, educational, religious, and social service institutions. The only independent, research-oriented university in a region bounded by Pittsburgh and Rochester on the east, Nashville on the south, and Chicago on the west, Case Western Reserve holds membership in ...the Association of American Universities, and is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and by several nationally recognized professional accrediting associations.