Responsibilities:Assisting the Assistant Director and Intramural Coordinator with the organization and administration of the Intramural Sports Program.
The Graduate Assistant will be afforded a variety of experiences within the Intramural Sports Program.
A. Assist with research and evaluation of programs and staff. Compiling data and reporting information.
1. Update student employee performance evaluations and assist with the evaluations each semester.
2. Develop surveys for evaluation of programs and services. Develop method to distribute surveys to students, faculty, and staff. Compile data. Develop method to report results.
3. Compile statistics for the activities each week and report on fluctuations of attendance.
4. Compile inventory at beginning and end of each semester. Report on inventory at beginning and end of each semester, listing stolen or lost items.
5. Assist with the Risk Management of the program, completing a safety audit, and reporting results.
6. Complete a semester and annual report to include participation statistics, number of accidents and incidents.
B. Assist in the organization and administration of the Intramural Sports Program.The Graduate Assistant will be afforded an opportunity for a variety of experiences within the Intramural Program.
1. Assist in the organization and administration of the Intramural Program.
2. Assist in the scheduling and management of the multi-purpose complexes.
3. Implement the official's training program with supervision, direction, and evaluation of official's for assigned sport activities.
4. Assist with the recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of Intramural Supervisors.
5. Maintain payroll records and scheduling of employees.
6. Assist with the development and evaluation of policies and procedures.
7. Resolve conflicts that involve incidents/accidents in the program.
8. Update IMLeagues.com for the Intramural Sports program.
C. Completely publicize, promote, and market the Intramural Sports program.
D. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Recreational Sports.
E. Graduate Assistant must work at least 20 hours per week with Recreational Sports
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process notify Cameron Milam, Recreation Program Specialist, Department of Recreational Sports, (940) 565-2275 by the application deadline.
1. A bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Health Promotion or related field.
2. Experience or general knowledge in intramural sport management, supervising employees, training employees, or related area of recreation.
3. Acceptance and admittance into the University of North Texas graduate School, as a full time (9 hours or more) graduate student in Recreation, Kinesiology, Health Promotion or related field of study.
4. Strong planning and organizational skills.
5. Strong communication skills.
6. Experience in research and data collection and reporting.
ApplicationProcedure: Applications will be accepted through March 7th, 2018 or until position is filled. Please send letter of application, resume, official transcripts of college credits, and list of references to: Cameraon Milam, Recreation Program Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Salary Information: August 13, 2018-May 31, 2019.This is a 9-month appointment with the possibility of a second year appointment. There is an out-of-state tuition waiver provided.
About University of North Texas- Recreational Sports
The University of North Texas is a thriving, student-centered university with a legacy of excellence in a broad range of academic areas. A nationally recognized institution with highly rated programs, UNT enrolls more than 36,000 students. UNT is a research institution and stands as the most comprehensive university in the Dallas-Fort Worth region. UNT is located in Denton, Texas which is 45 minutes north of both Dallas and Forth Worth.
The University of North Texas is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.