The Recreational Sports Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Recreation Program Specialist to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with the supervision and operation of a comprehensive fitness program that includes a 14,500 square foot weight room, approximately 50 group exercise classes per week and over 700 personal training sessions annually.
* Assist in the development and implementation of a variety of fitness programs and events.
* Assist in the hiring, interviewing, training, scheduling and evaluating of all weight room staff, group exercise instructors and personal trainers.
* Have the ability to teach a variety of group exercise formats and/or personal train clients.
* Assist in the administration of the daily operations and maintenance of the weight room and group fitness studios.
* Complete the bi-monthly payroll for student staff and purchase equipment for the fitness program area.
* Group exercise or personal training certifications in ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM/CSCS, NSCA, Cooper or other national level certification.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and two years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Personal Training or Primary Group Exercise certification from a nationally recognized organization.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Hold 1 or more specialty group fitness certifications such as Zumba, Yoga or Kickboxing/
* Ability to teach and train students to instruct a variety of group fitness classes.
* Ability to teach and train students through an in-house personal training program.
* Experience in a collegiate recreational sports program.
* Experience in supervising student staff.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Recreation or related field.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Internal Number: 153771
About University of North Texas
University of North Texas is a major public research university deeply committed to advancing educational excellence and preparing students to become thoughtful, engaged citizens of the world. This is accomplished through a broad and balanced array of programs where well-prepared students and dedicated scholars and artists collaborate with our local and global communities in the creation, integration, application, and dissemination of knowledge. In this way, UNT creates an enriched and sustainable future for our students, state, nation and world.
As the most comprehensive public research university providing a top quality education in one of the nation's largest, most dynamic regions, UNT will be celebrated for its academics, arts and athletics. UNT will be a diverse and inclusive institution creating knowledge and innovations that will shape the future, while cultivating excellence in the next generation of scholars and leaders for the global community.