The University of Tennessee at Martin’s Office of Campus Recreation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Coordinator of Intramurals. The Coordinator of Intramurals is responsible for the overall administration of the Intramural and Club Sports program.
* Responsible for the planning, organization, and administration of the intramural and sports club program which includes recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, and evaluating students.
* Responsible for the day to day management and supervision of intramural & sport club participants, supervisors, officials, scorekeepers, field crew and playing areas.
* Ensure the intramural & sport club areas and programs are properly staffed.
* Develop and implement detailed official's training program and evaluate officials on a weekly basis to ensure proper progression and development.
* Conduct captains meetings before league play.
* Serve as point of contact for intramural staff, team captains, and participants.
* Ensure proper enforcement of policy manual and event rules, including all forms, waivers & releases, score sheets, participation records, etc.
* Ensure all staff are certified and trained in emergency procedures and skills required of their position.
* Identify and evaluate patron needs through verbal & written communication and resolve patron issues and concerns.
* Compile monthly & annual reports on daily attendance for the intramural and sports clubs program in addition to doing equipment inventory.
* Perform administrative tasks to support program delivery (i.e. student staff schedules and time sheets, intramural logs, field maintenance logs and expense reports).
* Prepare, coordinate, and distribute publicity for intramural and sports club programs.
* Develop and enforce policies and procedures governing the conduct of participants and staff.
* Manage billing and collection of intramural and sports club fees.
* Develop, present and implement on-going staff development training programs and safety/risk management policies.
* Regularly inspect program areas and equipment for possible problems or improvement.
* Work in coordination with university grounds crew to ensure all areas are in proper playing condition.
* Supervise facility, individuals and groups for proper eligibility, facility safety and emergency response along with evaluating and reviewing policies and procedures for supervision of groups and facilities.
* Develop student learning outcomes and assist with Campus Recreation assessment on programming, education and activities.
* Collects, analyzes, and reports information to be used for university-level reports or briefings; prepares reviews and edits various annual and periodic reports and proposals as well as relevant sections of various institutional, division and department publications.
* Provide relative data in reference to Campus Recreation that can be used for assessment and decision making.
* Serve on Division, University and Community committees as assigned.
* Assist Campus Recreation with developing division wide initiatives to enhance student learning and improve the student experience.
* Other duties as assigned.
Application Process: Applicants must apply online and attach a letter of interest and resume. Application Deadline: Applicant review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled Pay Grade 38 - Salary commensurate with education and experience To view Annual Security & Fire Report - http://www.utm.edu/departments/publicsafety/index.php
* Bachelor's degree with a preference for recreation administration, health and physical education, college personnel, sports administration, sports management or other relevant field. * Minimum two years of work experience in a recreation or athletic setting and experience in supervision of facility and program management. * Knowledge and understanding of officiating principals and applying rules of various sports. * Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with the ability to manage change and direct student employees. * Strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, organize, and plan effectively. * Effective verbal and written communication skills. * Excellent computer skills with the capacity to promptly learn new computer software programs relevant to the proper management of the department. * Ability to work with a diverse group of people and the skills to deal with the public in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. * Ability to perform managerial responsibilities (planning, leading, budget, assessment, evaluation, and personnel management) * Possess current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification or ability to obtain within two (2) months of employment. * Ability to work nights and some weekends. * Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Internal Number: 18000000SY
About University of Tennessee at Martin
The University of Tennessee at Martin is a primary campus of the UT System. It is located in Northwest Tennessee about 120 miles north of Memphis and 150 miles west of Nashville. Population of the city is approximately 10,000. Enrollment (graduates and undergraduate) in the University is about 8,200.