The University of South Carolina Upstate
Assistant Director - Intramurals
Serves as the Assistant Director of Campus Recreation Programs. Responsible for the management of the Intramural facilities and programs. The Assistant Director will function on the management team of the overall Campus Recreation program,. Specific oversight of: the Intramural program, including hiring, training, scheduling, supervising and evaluation of all officials and IM supervisors. The administration and supervision of the Sport Club program, This position also oversees the operation and administration of the Summer Camp Program with specific oversight of promotion, registration and communication of camp materials and hiring, training and evaluation of camp counselors.- Plans, implements, coordinates and administers a comprehensive Intramural Program which helps build a sense of community and increases retention for the university while giving special attention to activities to the residential population.
- Responsible for the coordination, administration and supervision of the USC Upstate Summer Camp Program.
- Responsible for the coordination, administration and supervision of the USC Upstate Sport Club Program.
- Responsible for the supervision of recreational spaces during Intramural play to ensure proper safety and maintenance are in place.
- Assist with the coordination and support of various Student Affairs functions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for hiring, training, delegation, supervision and evaluation of up to 30 student employees and interns. Monitors budget of approximately $25,000 for campus recreation programs.