Assistant Director of Facility Operations (Facilities Manager)
University of IL at Urbana-Champaign - Campus Recreation
September 12, 2018
min salary $21.45/hour
Full Time - Experienced
The Division of Campus Recreation seeks an Assistant Director of Facility Operations to be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and repairs of all Campus Recreation facilities, furnishings, fixtures and building equipment. Campus Recreation provides a welcoming environment with sustainable facilities and programs that inspire the University community to engage in recreation and wellness opportunities. Campus Recreation is a part of Students Affairs at the University of Illinois. From outside the classroom learning experiences, to physical and emotional wellness, leadership opportunities, global awareness, safety, fun, and career preparation, Student Affairs supports all aspects of student life at Illinois.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversight of Building Maintenance and Repair
1. Oversee building maintenance, including building repairs, installations, building improvements, and the repair and/or replacement of furniture and fixtures for all Campus Recreation facilities.
2. Oversee the operation and maintenance of building mechanical equipment, including heating, cooling, and ventilating equipment; steam, water, and waste systems; electrical systems; etc.
3. Develop estimates, schedules, plans, and specifications related to projects assigned through research and study; provide information and quotes for requisitions and bids for purchases, repairs and replacement.
4. Initiate facility maintenance work orders with Facilities and Services. Monitor and track work and billing for all work orders.
a. Construct a database for all F&S jobs done in the building, manage inventory control and set up archiving system of all building maintenance.
5. Formulate a structured relationship with Facilities and Services to ensure priorities are communicated and aligned between the two parties for all facility maintenance.
Oversight of Building Operations Staff
1. Supervise Building Operating Engineer including, evaluation and payroll approval.
2. Supervise Equipment Service Supervisor and indirectly supervisor Sports Equipment Supervisors including evaluation and payroll.
Oversight for Building Access and Facility Systems
1. Develop and administer a facility audit application designated as a consistent review and notification of facilities in the area of facility work orders, risk management concerns and building service needs.
2. Manage all department security door controls and maintenance via department and University door access systems.
3. Control and assign access to the department and University systems and physical keys for Campus Recreation facilities.
Research, Tracking & Reporting
1. Develop and sustain a comprehensive Recurring Maintenance Program. Work in conjunction with Campus Recreation staff and other relevant departments to ensure the timely implementation of all recommendations.
2. Develop an Energy Management Program; establish objectives, oversee the program and provide periodic reports.
3. Establish budget priorities and provide fiscal recommendations for maintaining and updating facilities.
4. Provide annual or periodic reports on operation of Campus Recreation facilities;
5. Conduct market research on current trends in building maintenance and investigate possible alternative outlets.
6. Track and compile information and data in conjunction with monthly, mid-year and yearly reports. Utilize information to develop policies, procedures and strategic goals for facility operations for Campus Recreation.
1. Enforce and maintain Campus Recreation policies and procedures as they pertain to usage of facilities on campus.
2. Serve as liaison for Campus Recreation with campus-driven facility-related initiatives.
3. Serve as Campus Recreation emergency contact as needed.
4. Serve in place of the Associate Director of Operations as needed.
5. Participate in the development of programs, departmental objectives and long-range planning by performing research, providing recommendations and implementing plans as appropriate.
6. Serve on and lead additional Division and/or University committees as assigned.
7. Design and implement special projects that support the overall mission of Campus Recreation.
Required Qualifications: Three years of responsible experience in the management of a multi-building or multi-venue facility including oversight of facility maintenance and construction projects, one year of which included staff supervision.
This Assistant Director of Facility Operations position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $21.45 per hour.
Application Procedures: To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Assistant Director of Facility Operations. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Exam scores for this credential assessment will be based on materials submitted, rather than a written exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
About University of IL at Urbana-Champaign - Campus Recreation
Campus Recreation at the University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign operates four indoor facilities encompassing over 450,000 square feet of recreational space and 42 acres of field space in servicing a student/faculty-staff population of over 55,000 patrons. These facilities experience approximately two million visits each year from our population base. The comprehensive recreational program includes traditional offerings in the areas of aquatics, group exercise, intramural sports, outdoor adventures, ice arena operations, and sport clubs. It also provides programming in areas such as personal fitness training, youth tournament opportunities, community access, and professional meeting space rental. Campus Recreation employs approximately 55 professional staff and an annual student payroll for over 800 student employees.