The Graduate Assistant for Operations and Staff Development will support the daily facility operations of the NSU Recreation Center (RecPlex) with an emphasis on student staff supervision and development.
Essential Job Function:
1. Oversee and assist with recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of the student staff of the RecPlex. This is a group of approximately 40 students who serve as facility supervisors, service desk attendants, fitness floor attendants, membership assistants and climbing wall attendants.
2. Oversee and assist in conducting initial training for all RecPlex student-employees, ensuring basic competencies in all job related functions, knowledge and understanding of departmental and university policies and procedures, and basic directory information for all Recreation and Wellness programs, services, and opportunities.
3. Oversee and assist with conducting on-going training for all RecPlex student-employees beyond the initial training. This training should both review and expand upon the basic competencies previously learned with the outcome of providing superior service to all patrons.
4. Demonstrate regular visibility to the student-staff and RecPlex patrons, to include early mornings, late nights, and weekends.
5. Assist in conducting formal and informal evaluations for all student-employees a minimum of once per academic semester for the purpose of performance improvement and professional development.
6. Assist in coordinating facility reservation requests.
7. Assist in coordinating facility related special events and associated logistics.
8. Assist in ordering and tracking disposable equipment purchases related to the successful operations of the entire NSU RecPlex.
All candidates must have a confirmed bachelor's degree on or before the July 22nd start date.
Relevant experience in a collegiate setting is preferred.
Participation in Graduate Assistant recruitment weekend March 15-17.
About Nova Southeastern University
NSU is a private, not-for-profit university located in South Florida that awards bachelors, masters, doctoral and professional degrees. Please visit www.nova.edu and/or www.rec.nova.edu to find out more.