Develop, plan and direct a comprehensive Sport Club program.
1. Provide administrative oversight and coordination for approximately 15 club sports.
2. Monitor paperwork and documentation required by NMT Physical Recreation department including membership/waiver forms, individual club budgets, travel/vehicle request forms, Defensive Driving Certifications, club/team registrations, facility reservations, etc.
3. Work with the Student Government Association in coordinating the Club Sport Fair each semester.
4. Assist students in fundraising programs/opportunities with the City of Socorro.
5. Hold Monthly club sport council meetings with leaders from each sport club.
Manage Club Sport Operations
1. Develop and maintain the club sport manual (guidelines, policies, evaluation processes, goals and objectives).
2. Keep current and be familiar with all rules, policies, and regulations pertinent to each club sport conducted.
3. Attend meetings, clinics, or workshops pertaining to professional recreational sports organizations.
4. Oversee the club sport banquet committee to provide direction, resources, and oversight in the planning of the annual club sport banquet.
5. Manage equipment and supply orders, team meetings and communications, and one on one player consultations.
Provide Support for Physical Recreation Department and External Communications/Marketing
1. Provide day to day support for physical recreation department programs and daily operations such as telephone and in person assistance for individuals and groups utilizing department facilities, equipment and transportation.
2. Publicity and promotion of Rugby and Sports activities through newspaper and online articles, game reports, recruitment materials, schedules, and posters.
Provide Coaching and Leadership for a Comprehensive Rugby Program
1. Responsible for all aspects of coaching a Rugby team sport including practice preparation, game schedules, developing team player skills, game day duties (home and away) for field preparation and hosting, travel planning and coordination and supervision of game coaching.
2. Communicate with national and regional unions, club contracts and scheduling.
Must read and comprehend instructions, write information and complete simple forms. Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Sports Management or related field required. Professional experience in a supervisory/coaching position in athletics, recreation and/or physical education required. Five (5) year minimum playing, observing and analyzing the sport of rugby football required. Working knowledge of personal computer to include MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access desired. Coaching safety and skills as required by USA Rugby certificate program required. Effective communication skills required. Demonstrated ability in working with students required. Team organizational skills required. Thorough knowledge of sports and sports club organization and administration required. USA Rugby Coaching Certification Level 2 as per USA Rugby requirements required. First Aid/CPR certification required. Participation in sports at the college/university level desired.
Internal Number: 0304819
About New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology
The New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology is a world-class educational institution and New Mexico's premiere research university.