This internship will run from August 1, 2019 - May 31. This position reports to the Associate Director of Athletics for Recreation. Intern will act as the primary coordinator of the University’s intramural programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: 1. Hiring, training and evaluating intramural student staff of over 75 employees. Provide direct supervision to student employees and ensure employee compliance with department expectations. Conduct ongoing student employee training sessions and annual student employee evaluations.
2. Oversee the planning, scheduling and administration of intramural games, tournaments and special events. Ensure participant compliance with department policies and procedures.
3. Maintain inventory of intramural equipment.
4. Conduct captain and employee meetings as required.
5. Maintain intramural records.
6. Maintain the intramural website. Responsible for the routine marketing of Intramural programs.
7. Also responsible for assisting with other Athletic/Intramural events as assigned by the Associate Director of Athletics. Must be willing to work some nights and weekends. Interested applicants apply here: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15900
Additional Salary Information: $1,400 per month stipend, no benefits
About Villanova University
Villanova University is one of the leading Catholic universities in the United States, founded by the Order of St. Augustine in 1842. It is located in beautiful suburban Philadelphia. Villanova has an undergraduate enrollment of over 6,000 students and is a Division I member of the Big East Conference. Villanova is an Equal Opportunity Employer.