Serves as the assistant director for the department of Campus Recreation, mainly focused on intramural and club sports programs. Assists with the overall operation and supervision of the Chandler Center and Student Fitness Center facilities. Conducts training and supervision of student staff in the intramural and recreational programs. Assists with various other programs and activities as needed.
1. Responsible for the management and implementation of all intramural programs for students, faculty, and staff. This involves at least sixteen intramural/recreational programs throughout the academic year. Responsible for training, supervision, and scheduling of approximately 15 intramural student staff members including student officials and intramural supervisors, and for night coverage for intramural sports. Manages intramural sports budget.
2. Assists with the overall operation and supervision of the Chandler Center facilities during assigned work hours. Supervises and assists in training staff for equipment issue and weight room, laundry service, inventory control, and insuring appropriate issue and return of equipment and laundry.
3. Club Sports: helps advise students interested in club sports in creation of new sports or in assistance with current club teams. Helps manage club budgets as well as decides how club funds are allocated amongst the club sports based on allocation hearings from each group.
4. Assists with various Student Affairs functions during the summer with emphasis on camps and conferences, and new student orientation.
5. Assists with large scale Student Affairs events as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to maintain effective and appropriate relationships with students, faculty, and staff. Must have knowledge of the policies and procedures of administering intramural sports and recreation programs. Ability to effectively manage student workers. Must be able to organize, schedule, and implement activities to benefit the campus community. Must demonstrate a considerable amount of independence and discretion. Must be able to prioritize, plan, and organize. Must have ability to work flex shifts, nights and weekends. Will work mainly afternoons and evenings.