Provides leadership to the office of Recreation and Wellness and has oversight and supervisory responsibility of all operations and facilities management associated with the NSU RecPlex and Aquatic Center.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversees the continual recruitment, hiring, training, and scheduling of the Recreation and Wellness operational staff including, but not limited to, facility supervisors and attendants, lifeguards, climbing wall attendants and membership assistants
2. Coordinates and schedules all facility utilization requests. Major constituents include NSU University School, Intercollegiate Athletics, student clubs and organizations, intramural and club sports, fitness, contracted rental groups and the campus community at large.
3. Coordinates and schedules all relevant facility set-ups and break downs; this includes swim meets for aquatic center users.
3. Develops and facilitates departmental training and developmental programs for all employees within Recreation and Wellness relevant to job specific responsibilities with a concentration on general areas of emphasis (i.e. customer service, safety protocols, conflict management, etc.) aimed at creating greater efficiencies and positive experiences for all patrons.
4. Serves as a liaison to other university offices and support services in matters involving both daily and long-term facilities and operational management including but not limited to Public Safety, Physical Plant, Facilities Management, Custodial, Card Services, and Business Services.
5. Develops and manages fitness center facilities and related staff at NSU Regional Campuses in conjunction with on-site personnel.
6. Assists in developing and administering the annual departmental budget; oversees the purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of equipment and supplies; completes comprehensive analytical and statistical reports regarding aquatic facility usage.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
1. Minimum three (3) years of progressive facility and operations experience or Master's degree supplemented by two (2) years of progressive facility and operations experience.
2. Ability to be on-call and available to respond to facility emergencies as needed.
3. Ability to work early mornings (5 a.m.), late nights (11 p.m.), weekends, and holiday's as needed.
4. Hold or have the ability to obtain a current Lifeguard Instructor Trainer certificate within 6 months of hire date.
5. Hold or have the ability to obtain a current Water Safety Instructor Trainer certificate within 6 months of hire date.
** To be officially considered for the position, please apply on-line at www.nsujobs.com
Internal Number: 993542
About Nova Southeastern University
NSU is a private, not-for-profit university located in South Florida that awards bachelors, masters, doctoral and professional degrees. Please visit www.nova.edu and/or www.rec.nova.edu to find out more.
BACK TO TOP
Bluefishjobs.com is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NIRSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Bluefishjobs.com.