The Engagement & Partnership Coordinator position requires excellent communication skills, the ability to be proactive, the ability to form relationships with others, and the ability to meaningfully engage with diverse communities to be successful in achieving the mission and vision of Campus Recreation. The Engagement & Partnership Coordinator is required to represent the Department of Campus Recreation in a fair, consistent, cooperative and positive manner in accordance with Department and University policies. This position reports to the Engagement & Partnerships Manager of Campus Recreation.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
The University of Arizona is in the process of creating a new classification and compensation architecture. This University Career Architecture Project (UCAP) will revolutionize the way we think about professions and manage compensation at the UA. It is a two year initiative that will replace the current classified staff and appointed professional categories of employment with market-based job functions and families. As an applicant, UCAP will create clearer career paths and opportunities and will help you make more informed pay decisions. To learn more about this project, please visit ucap.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist the Manager of Engagement & Partnerships with planning, execution, supervision and evaluation of Campus Recreation engagement activities. All programs and events are designed to promote student, member, alumni and community engagement. • Assist with sponsorship development and activation. • Prepare and present post-event plans to capture attendance metrics, create event summaries, and track and reconcile event expenditures. • Assist with Staff supervision including hiring, training, scheduling, feedback, evaluation and disciplinary processes for student, ancillary and volunteer staff. The development and engagement of student staff is an emphasis for the department. • Assist with annual budget process. Provide financial supervision necessary to achieve budget targets, carrying out best practices in financial stewardship. • Under the guidance of Manager and department marketing staff, implement publicity strategies to maximize event participation. Conduct outreach efforts in order to increase awareness and visibility of the program. • Coordinate marketing communication (flyers, social media, email invitations, post-event thank you notes and surveys). • Coordinate campus partner engagement activities– tours, orientations, committees to promote university recruitment and retention. • Work independently with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines for deliverables. • Meet with supervisor, department/unit and campus colleagues to outline event particulars and recommend program elements to showcase Campus Recreation programs. • Develop and maintain relationships with Campus Recreation, The University of Arizona and Tucson community as necessary to achieve department success, collaborations and partnerships. • Interact with students, alumni, vendors, sponsors, and campus partners in an equally professional manner • Work independently with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines for deliverables. • Meet with supervisor, department/unit and campus colleagues to outline event particulars and recommend program elements to showcase Campus Recreation programs.• Develop and maintain positive relationships with current and potential participants and alumni in order to maximize department success. • Execute equipment and supply purchasing within budgetary parameters according to UA policies. • Inventory and maintain all equipment and supplies to ensure quality, safety and security. • Ensure proficiency in Campus Recreation and The University of Arizona policies, procedures and processes. • Engage in Campus Recreation, The University of Arizona and pertinent industry training and development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. • Innovative, energetic and self-motivated. • Skill with event planning with ability to design events and experiences customized to varied audiences that relate to departmental priorities. • Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. • Ability to manage multiple projects with timely completion under limited supervision. • Strong strategic, analytical and project management skills. • Skill in problem solving in the moment (flexibility, able to adjust plans). • Skill in working and communicating with diverse constituents. • Excellent communication and customer service skills. • Skill in using databases to manage information. • Strong verbal and writing skills. • Knowledge of social media and networking tools. • Strong interpersonal, coaching and conflict resolution skill.
Please see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
• Willing to work extended hours during the week or weekends when necessary.
• Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy. • Upon hire, CPR/AED, First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogens certification training will need to be completed. • Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to area of assignment (e.g. in recreation, sports marketing, higher education or a related field) AND two years of administrative/coordinative program experience; OR, six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
• One to three years of full-time, experience with special event and/or engagement program planning and implementation. • Staff supervision experience, including the development of student staff. • Excellent public speaking and writing skills. • Experience with collaborative programming and the ability to form positive relationships.
Internal Number: S28031
About The University of Arizona
About the University of Arizona
As a public research university serving the diverse citizens of Arizona and beyond, the mission of the University of Arizona is to provide a comprehensive, high-quality education that engages our students in discovery through research and broad-based scholarship. We aim to empower our graduates to be leaders in solving complex societal problems. Whether in teaching, research, outreach or student engagement, access and quality are the defining attributes of the University of Arizona’s mission.
Bold History that Fuels the Future
It was a bold move in 1885 to start a university in the middle of the desert. UA faculty and students have been on the cutting edge ever since.
Research that Improves the Human Condition
From planetary science to medicine to the arts, UA research is changing the world. Being ranked #19 by the National Science Foundation doesn’t just make us great; it creates great opportunities for students. Our researchers teach. Students work alongside world-class professors to discover new knowledge and launch their own careers.
Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winners, members of esteemed national academies and worl...d-renowned experts in dozens of disciplines, our faculty brings international attention to the University, and puts us in the ranks of the top public universities in the nation.
The UA is a diverse and talented community. From astronomy to communication to entrepreneurship, our programs and our people are among the best in the country. We offer a rich and rewarding educational experience to all who choose to focus on excellence.
Outreach to the Community and the World
As the state’s land grant university, we honor our three-fold commitment to education, research and community service. UA faculty and students share their knowledge, their time and their resources throughout the state and around the world.
Economic Impact that Benefits All
The UA generates more than $625 million in research and gives the state an annual $2 billion boost. We partner with industry so that innovative ideas become thriving enterprises.