Life University is looking for an inspired and driven individual to serve as the Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness.
This position is responsible for personnel management, training, planning, communications, budget coordination, decision making, program development, evaluation, and assessment. The primary goal of this position is to complement the academic mission of the university by providing the Life community with programs and services that foster personal growth, development, and engagement in campus life. This position supports the overall organization and administration of the programs, services and facilities of Campus Rec and Wellness.
Provides leadership, supervision, and administration of the recreational and health education/wellness programs and services for the students and larger Life University community; manages the recreational facilities, including the outdoor recreational fields; oversees a complete offering of fitness, health and wellness, and intramural programs for students.
Supervises the total administration and operation of the department as well as the development and implementation of long-range strategic plans. That responsibility includes:
1. Develop, lead, and manage successful student-centered and student-directed recreation and wellness programs.
2. Supervise professional staff, student employees, and graduate assistants.
3. Practice strong and ethical fiscal management of a complex annual budget.
4. Engage in effective, collaborative working relationships with diverse populations in order to provide optimal service to diverse student populations and campus constituents.
5. Engage in strategic planning and assessment activities centered upon the attainment of appropriate student learning outcomes.
6. Develop and lead successful wellness and recreational events.
7. Foster partnerships with shared use facilities and provide co-curricular experiences within the departments of Athletics and Health Science.
Education, Training and/or Experience
1. Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience.
Certifications, Licenses, registrations
1. Requires a current CPR certification, AED first aid certification.
Internal Number: 1731
About Life University
Life University is breaking boundaries in disciplines across the health and wellness spectrum by impacting and inspiring future leaders to become life-change agents.