The Coordinator, Marketing and Sponsorships will coordinate the marketing and promotion of all Campus Recreation and Wellness departmental events, activities, programs, and initiatives to the University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) campus and the greater UHCL community. The marketing materials include, but are not limited to flyers, brochures, posters/banners, social media platforms, program or departmental guide books, video commercials, radio commercials (using in-house Neptune Radio system), digital displays, and the departmental website. Using a team of student assistants, the Coordinator will be responsible for the creation of all materials, adherence to UHCL branding requirements, management of the distribution, display and frequency of promotions, and the coordination of university events such as orientation and open house. Analyzes data and effectiveness of these efforts as well as works in a collaborative manner with other UHCL and non-UHCL entities. Serves as the liaison for the Strategic Partnerships and Advancement/Alumni offices to pursue sponsorship and partnership opportunities. Full-time position with benefits. Criminal and motor background checks required. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a resume. Applications without the required documents will be considered incomplete and disqualified. Applications must be received before close of business on 2/18/2021 for full consideration. UHCL is an AA/EOE.
Hires, trains, develops, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff.
Coordinates a comprehensive campus recreation promotions and sponsorships programming function, including producing departmental publications; coordinating promotional materials and displays; approving facility signage, photography and video filming in recreational facilities; and managing department website and social media.
Generates revenue for the department through sponsorship sales, gift-in-kind donations, and facilities advertisements.
Plans, develops, implements, promotes, and monitors the effectiveness of promotions and sponsorship initiatives including various marketing and promotional efforts to the university and local communities. Researches and applies new knowledge and techniques to current policies, procedures, and operations.
Monitors promotions and sponsorships program annual budget and payroll function. Maintains the in-house digital displays and audio services with updated and accurate commercials.
Serves as liaison to university faculty and staff, student organizations, external vendors, and the general public s well as assists in departmental efforts for training and development.
Assists in departmental, divisional and university efforts for special events, risk management, and other functions not specific to our department or functional area.
Works evenings, nights and weekends as required or needed and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or a related field.
2. Progressive experience in marketing, advertising, public relations and layout design.
3. Progressive experience in the production of printed materials, web services and social media marketing.
4. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures as well as office and university-specific software.
5. Knowledge of marketing principles, including promotion, sponsorship, public relations, and data analysis and ability to sell individual or package sponsorship opportunities to benefit the department and clients.
6. Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work.
7. Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills and to encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
8. Working knowledge of various computer software needed to perform above duties (Microsoft Office Suite, web-based fitness software, Innosoft Fusion, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, PeopleSoft - university payroll system, social media platforms, OU website software, Adobe Creative Suite, and other marketing related software.
9. Ability to create and coordinate special events related to departmental functional areas or general promotion of the department as well as analyze information and evaluate results
10. Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
11. Ability to provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
12. Ability to observe, receive and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources and effectively leveraging that knowledge for the benefit of the department, program, and university and to choose the best solution and solve problems.
13. Ability to provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
About University of Houston Clear Lake
Recognizing the need for higher education in the growing Clear Lake area, the 62nd Texas Legislature authorized the establishment of a second University of Houston campus in 1971. Legislators cited a 1968 report by the then Coordinating Board, Texas College and University System (now the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board) when approving the new campus. In 1973, the Texas Senate authorized construction of a permanent campus at Clear Lake. In its short history, UHCL has earned a distinctive reputation as a student-centered, community-minded, partnership-oriented university with strong connections to area businesses, organizations, schools and individuals that enhance the regions educational, economic, cultural, scientific, engineering and professional environment.
Clear Lake is a suburb of Houston, the 4th largest city in the US. Clear Lake is located roughly 20 miles from downtown Houston and 30 minutes from Galveston off of I-45. Situated on a 524-acre wildlife preserve, UHCL has become a cornerstone of higher education in Texas. Since opening its doors in 1974, the university has awarded more than 62,000 degrees, each resulting in expanded employment prospects, brighte...r futures and changed lives.
UHCL has recently opened a new STEM building, Hunter Hall Residence Hall, and the Recreation and Wellness Center since 2018. The new RWC is ~82,000 square feet and includes six separate fitness zones, two hardwood basketball courts, one MAC gym, 1/8 mile indoor track, two hardwood multi-purpose rooms, large outdoor field space, admin suite with individual offices and conference room. Since opening, the RWC has become the hub of engagement on campus. With our multiple programs, we have been able to offer dozens of programs and events each semester, both in-person and virtually. COVID-19 has impacted our department, just like everyone else in this field, but our team has maintained a safe and clean environment for both our staff and patrons, continued to provide health and wellness focused programming, and have been a constant for in-person engagement since our reopening in August, 2020. Our facility is open to the community and non-UHCL memberships have risen since the new year and those members have become a part of our culture.