The Competitive Sports Graduate Assistant reports to and assists a Senior Program Coordinator in Competitive Sports Unit with supervision from the Associate Director, Competitive Sports. The Competitive Sports Graduate Assistant will establish relationships and work with other areas of Sports and Recreation, the Division of Student Affairs, and throughout the University to enhance the Club Sports and Intramural Sports Programs. This position will also be expected to collaborate with others to facilitate events or projects.
The Intramural Sports Program offers over 20 different individual/dual and team sport activities such as flag-football, basketball, softball and volleyball throughout the academic year with over 12,000 participations annually. The Club Sports Program averages 1,000+ participants, offering over 30 different student-run clubs ranging from traditional to non-traditional activities, all while prioritizing competition and skill development.
The Competitive Sports Graduate Assistant shall maintain a role in overseeing student employees, coordinating sport leagues, administer select Club Sports, and promote Esports for the campus community. Should strive to develop and progress the comprehensive Competitive Sports programs. The position will uphold Department of Sports and Recreation mission, vision, and values throughout work and participation in program.
• Effectively work with Esports campus initiatives, working groups, student groups, and advisors
• Responsible for marketing and promoting Department of Sports & Recreation Competitive Sports (DS&R CS) events including outreach, generating interest, and assessing the campus student population for Competitive Sports interests/programs
• Provide feedback and recommendations for Competitive Sports events/programs based on campus community feedback, comments, interactions
• Work directly with Department of Sports & Recreation Competitive Sports (DS&R CS) to develop, plan, and execute student staff and Competitive Sport volunteer/officer trainings and meetings on both Marietta and Kennesaw campuses, and other programs and events within Competitive Sports.
• Direct Club Sports and Intramural Sports events including – event set-up and teardown, game management, risk management, student staff supervision, participant relations, and reservation requests
• Monitor program webpages and platforms for current and accurate information sport events, leagues, organizations, schedules, and locations
• Hire, train, schedule, and evaluate student employees
• Assist in maintenance of employee record database with hire documents, certifications, referral records, incident reports, and evaluations/assessments
• Monitor and maintain program equipment and uniform inventory, and documentation of maintenance
• Adhere to departmental risk management plans, be prepared to administer basic first aid and emergency care on-site
Stipend and Waiver
Candidates must be a full-time student in a two-year graduate program. This program carries a full tuition waiver (in- state or out-of-state), as well as an $11,000 annual stipend. This appointment will begin August of 2021 and conclude in May of 2022. The position is expected to work 20 hours per week, including days, nights, and weekends. Student fees, school application fees, and other expenses will be the responsibility of individual filling this position.
TO APPLY - Competitive Sports Graduate Assistant:
Application materials include resume, cover letter, and three professional references. Applications received before April 26, 2021 will be given priority, this position is open until filled. For more information or to apply to the position, please contact: Samantha Lowry, Associate Director Competitive Sports, email@example.com. Applications will NOT be accepted via Bluefishjobs.com. Applications received before April 26, 2021 will be given priority, this position is open until filled.
A Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Physical Education, or other related field; strong communication and customer service skills; ability to collaboratively work with students, faculty, staff, and the community. Collegiate Intramural or Competitive Sports program experience. Experience with multiple e-gaming platforms, leagues, gaming systems, software, hardware, and trends. Requires walking or standing frequently; occasional sitting for long periods of time; occasional lifting of objects up to 45lbs; and frequent lifting or carrying of objects up to 10lbs.
Two years’ collegiate recreation program experience; CPR/First Aid Instructor certification; experience utilizing Fusion and/or other recreation management software, IMLeagues, and/or Connect2 software, ability to work with a diverse group; career aspirations in recreational sports; motivated, enthusiastic, and attentive to detail.
Additional Salary Information: Candidates must be a full-time student in a two-year graduate program. This program carries a full tuition waiver (in- state or out-of-state), as well as a $11,000 annual stipend. This appointment will begin August of 2021 and conclude in May of 2022. The position is expected to work 20 hours per week, including days, nights, and weekends. Student fees, school application fees, and other expenses will be the responsibility of individual filling this position.
About Kennesaw State University
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing doctoral program. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. Two Great Institutions – One World-Class UniversityOn January 6, 2015, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia approved the consolidation of Kennesaw State and Southern Polytechnic State University. This represents the USG’s fifth and largest consolidation in its continuing commitment to increase efficiencies and effectiveness to better serve students and the state.The new Kennesaw State University combines the best from two of Georg...ia’s most respected institutions in higher education. A comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is a destination campus offering students a broad spectrum of quality academics, a growing and vibrant campus life, award-winning dining facilities, and a wide array of athletic offerings. With nationally ranked degrees in business, engineering and first-year programs, as well as premier teaching, nursing, architecture, science and math programs, the new Kennesaw State University is poised to become Georgia's next world-class institution.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------