The Senior Coordinator, Intramural Sports reports to and assists the Associate Director, Competitive Sports with the daily logistical operations of the Kennesaw State University Intramural Sport Program. The Senior Coordinator, Intramural Sports will establish relationships and work with other areas of Sports and Recreation, the Division of Student Affairs, and throughout the University to enhance the Intramural Sports Program. This position will also be expected to collaborate with others to facilitate events or projects.
The Intramural Sports Program offers over 20 different individual/dual and team sport activities such as flag-football, basketball, softball, and volleyball throughout the academic year with over 12,000 participations annually. This position is responsible for personnel management and training of approximately 35+ student staff, sharing the development and delivery of team captain and participant education, and daily oversight and management of the Intramural Sports Program; student employment opportunities within Sports and Recreation include officiating, supervising, and graduate assistant administrative duties.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Competitive Sports, plans, develops, implements and oversees the Intramural Sports Program within the Department of Sports & Recreation. Responsible for the oversight of planning, operations, and maintenance of assigned staff, and programs; supervises a graduate assistant and student assistants; may supervise an intern(s).
• Provides guidance, oversight, planning, and execution of the Intramural Sports Program, including but not limited to team registration; league and event scheduling; tournament and bracket maintenance; player ejections and disciplinary concerns, for both Marietta and Kennesaw campuses.
• Supervises a graduate assistant and student assistants; may supervise interns. • Assists with planning, monitoring, and executing the Intramural Sports budget in a sound, ethical, and equitable manner.
• Coordinate registration and travel for extramural events, conferences, and summits for teams and student participants.
• Coordinate with appropriate personnel and services for marketing efforts; concussion protocol and return to play; facility reservation and space allocations; EAPs and risk management protocols
• American Red Cross AED/CPR/First Aid instructor for the department.
• Collaborates with appropriate personnel for assessment and participant survey efforts.
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to teamwork, customer service, ethical leadership, and talent development for student staff members. This position of trust will contribute to the department’s mission, vision and values.
• Ability to work late nights and weekends; travels between two campuses as needed. Provides on-site risk management for games.
• Assists with oversight and program planning for KSU Summer Camp
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Ability to manage stressful situations and work with multiple interruptions
• Excellent time management and priority skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to analyze data and make sound recommendations based on the data/feedback
• Knowledge of software specific to position a plus; including Fusion, IMLeagues, and Microsoft office suite, and Adobe.
TO APPLY- Senior Coordinator, Intramural Sports
Applications will not be accepted via bluefishjobs.com. Applications will only be accepted via https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php; applicants go to the provided URL to view the job posting and/or to apply. Reviews will begin May 10, 2021.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Three (3) years of relevant work experience Graduate Assistantship considered as one year of experience
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: None
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:(Preferred qualifications) Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field 4 or more years’ experience in relative field 1 year supervisory experience
About Kennesaw State University
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing doctoral program. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. Two Great Institutions – One World-Class UniversityOn January 6, 2015, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia approved the consolidation of Kennesaw State and Southern Polytechnic State University. This represents the USG’s fifth and largest consolidation in its continuing commitment to increase efficiencies and effectiveness to better serve students and the state.The new Kennesaw State University combines the best from two of Georg...ia’s most respected institutions in higher education. A comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is a destination campus offering students a broad spectrum of quality academics, a growing and vibrant campus life, award-winning dining facilities, and a wide array of athletic offerings. With nationally ranked degrees in business, engineering and first-year programs, as well as premier teaching, nursing, architecture, science and math programs, the new Kennesaw State University is poised to become Georgia's next world-class institution.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------