Coordinate intramural sports and summer programs and manage the evening programs of the Campus Recreation Center.
1. Provide direction and administrative oversight for all intramural sports and summer programs including the development of a youth summer activities program
2. Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and schedule intramural staff (including supervisors, scorekeepers, and officials)
3. Administer the campus recreation risk management plan throughout all programs and responsibilities, including responsibility for purchasing and maintenance of all intramural and summer camp equipment.
4. Manage the evening programs and services of the Campus Recreation Center and related facilities during designated hours
5. Provide support for marketing and advertising efforts of all programs
6. Serve as a liaison between participants and department
7. Provide input regarding policy review, rule revisions and training manuals.
8. Serves as the departmental liaison with the Office of Student Activities and other designated University Life Offices as assigned by the Director of Campus Recreation.
Please apply on the UMass Lowell HR website at https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/508605/coordinator-intramural-sports-and-summer-programs
For questions about the position contact Justin_Lawler@uml.edu.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in exercise science, physical education, recreation, sports administration/management or a closely related area.
Previous experience in a college/university intramural program.
Previous experience in intramural sports training and risk management protocols.
Nationally Recognized Certification in CPR, First Aid, and AE
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience.
About UMass Lowell Campus Recreation
UMass Lowell is a national research university committed to preparing students for work in the real world— solving real problems and helping real people— by providing an affordable, high-quality education. Located on a high-energy campus in the heart of a global community, the university offers more than 18,000 students bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees.