The Program Coordinator, Club Sports reports to and assists the Senior Coordinator, Club Sports with the daily logistical operations of the Kennesaw State University Club Sport Programs. The Program Coordinator, Club Sports will establish relationships and work with other areas of Sports and Recreation, the Division of Student Affairs, and throughout the University to enhance the Club Sports Programs. This position will also be expected to collaborate with others to facilitate events or projects.
The Club Sports Program averages 1,000+ participants, offering over 30+ different student run clubs ranging from traditional to non-traditional activities, all while prioritizing competition and skill development. This position is responsible for volunteer management and training of approximately 70+ student officers, sharing the development and delivery of volunteer coach education, and daily oversight and management of Club Sports Programs. Assistance in supervision of student employees may include office assistant, intern, and graduate assistant.
Under the supervision of the Senior Coordinator, Club Sports, plans, develops, implements and oversees the Club Sports program within the Department of Sports & Recreation. Responsible for the oversight of planning, operations, and maintenance of assigned staff, and programs; may supervise a graduate assistant and student assistants; may supervise an intern(s).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year of relevant work experience
Graduate Assistantship considered as one year of experience
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field 2 or more years’ experience in relative field
• Provides guidance, oversight and planning for the programs; includes but is not limited to; tracking team budgets, tier funding and financial planning, travel planning, policies and procedures, risk management, vehicle rentals, and conflict management
• Provides on-site risk management for home games, including off-campus home sites
• Provides guidance and sound interpretation of University, Department, and Competitive Sports policies, procedures, operations, and training processes
• Works closely with Club Sport Officers and teams in team development, management, planning, and mentoring
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to teamwork, customer service, ethical leadership, and talent development for student staff members.
• Collaborates with Facilities and Athletic Training services for space requests and home competition coverage.
• May supervise student assistants, graduate assistants and interns.
• Provides on-site management and assists with program planning for the KSU Summer Camp.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Able to adapt effectively in situations of change to policies, procedures, work assignments, and culture
• Develop professional contacts and resources that support work productivity
• Able to work late nights and weekends
• Able to drive and travel between two campuses as needed
• Able to contribute to the department’s mission, vision, and values
Applications will only be accepted via KSU website; applicants click here to view the job posting and/or to apply. Applications received by July 12, 2021, will be given priority, this position is open until filled.
For more information or questions about the Program Coordinator, Club Sports position, please contact: Samantha Lowry, Associate Director Competitive Sports, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted via bluefishjobs.com will NOT be reviewed.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience.
About Kennesaw State University
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing doctoral program. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. Two Great Institutions – One World-Class UniversityOn January 6, 2015, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia approved the consolidation of Kennesaw State and Southern Polytechnic State University. This represents the USG’s fifth and largest consolidation in its continuing commitment to increase efficiencies and effectiveness to better serve students and the state.The new Kennesaw State University combines the best from two of Georg...ia’s most respected institutions in higher education. A comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is a destination campus offering students a broad spectrum of quality academics, a growing and vibrant campus life, award-winning dining facilities, and a wide array of athletic offerings. With nationally ranked degrees in business, engineering and first-year programs, as well as premier teaching, nursing, architecture, science and math programs, the new Kennesaw State University is poised to become Georgia's next world-class institution.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BACK TO TOP
Bluefishjobs.com is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NIRSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Bluefishjobs.com.