Licenses & Certifications:
- Nationally accredited personal training certification
- Nationally accredited certification in group fitness instruction
- *ONE of the above may be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Current CPR/AED, First Aid certification
- Knowledge or experience within the F45 franchise
- Specialty fitness certifications including but not limited to:
- Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, Boxing, Aerobics, TRX, Barre etc.
- Additional licenses such as CSCS, massage, meditation, nutrition, etc. are also welcomed
- The Fitness Coordinator is directly supervised by the Assistant Director – Fitness. This position has significant interactions with faculty and staff, students, alumni, and other outside constituencies
- Position involves sitting, although frequent movement is necessary
- Walking, standing, bending, twisting, and occasional lifting is required
- Computer usage involving repetitive and/wrist motion is required
- Position involves sitting, movement, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds in coaching and training situations
- General office, recreation facility, and campus environment
- The position will be a full-time, fiscal year appointment, with frequent evening and weekend work required throughout the year with those dates determined by a supervisor
- Operates in recreation facility
- General open office and campus environment
- Early morning/evening/weekend work is required
Classified Title: Fitness Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Homewood Campus
Department name: Recreation
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
For any additional questions, contact Jen Macko at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law