To apply, visit the SFA Employment website at https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/8887
Internal Number: E99824
This is a professional position responsible for administering comprehensive intramural sports and camp programming functions within the campus recreation department. Supervises assigned staff, including student and graduate assistants. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This is a security-sensitive position. Reports to the director of campus recreation.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates assigned staff, including student and graduate assistants.
2. Coordinates comprehensive campus recreation intramural sports and camp programming functions, including working with student organizations to assist with event planning and special events and contributing to the creation and implementation of a creative marketing strategy.
3. Plans, develops, promotes, implements and evaluates events and programs related to the area of responsibility, including summer camp programming and intramural leagues and tournaments.
4. Develops, implements and monitors the effectiveness of intramural sports initiatives.
5. Monitors intramural sports program and camp program annual budgets and payroll functions.
6. Maintains program equipment.
7. Educates university faculty and staff, students and the general public about the area of responsibility and related programs provided by the Campus Recreation Department.
8. Researches and applies new knowledge and techniques to current policies, procedures and operations.
9. Promotes program and operational retention and effectiveness through ongoing assessment, intervention, evaluation and participant feedback. 10. Serves as liaison to university faculty and staff, student organizations, external officiating organizations, vendors and the general public.
10. Works closely with Sport Club and Camps coordinator with shared student staff trained for both competitive sport areas.
Other Job Functions:
1. Serves on university and departmental committees related to the area of responsibility.
2. Coordinates and/or assists with special events related to the area of responsibility as necessary.
3. Works evenings, nights and weekends as required.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
One year of related experience is required. Experience in intramural sports programming in a collegiate setting is preferred. Experience in officiating, league and tournament scheduling and training of officials is required. Supervisory experience is preferred. CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications are required within three months of employment.
1. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of professional standards and regulations.
3. Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database and word processing software.
4. Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs.
5. Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives and recommend effective solutions.
6. Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
8. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
9. Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time.
10. Ability to train and supervise others.
11. Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications within three months of employment.
12. Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary.
For more information and to apply, visit the SFA Employment website at https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/7403
Stephen F. Austin State University offers nearly 50 graduate degrees, including two doctoral programs, and enrolls approximately 12,000 students. SFA’s beautiful campus is located in the oldest town in Texas - Nacogdoches, Texas which has approximately 32,000 residents. Located two hours north of Houston in the Piney woods of East Texas, Nacogdoches has a low cost of living and a moderate climate with year-round recreational opportunities.